Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: A safe place to cry.
Topic Summary: CPAC has changed.
Created On: 08/06/2022 06:24 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/06/2022 06:24 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

http://www.huffpost.com/entry/...d419fe4b0c5501619eace
>>At the Conservative Political Action Conference this week in Dallas, attendees can gaze upon a bizarre exhibit in which an actor, pretending to be a Jan. 6 rioter, sobs in a jail cell.
Because the "f**k your feelings" crowd apparently has a soft spot for people the Justice Department considers domestic terrorists.<<

The law and order crowd has definitely changed their tune on tough on crime. I think it's a real milestone when you think of all the ways trump has changed what alleged conservatives believe and how they act. This is not an exercise in empathy for political prisoners. It's the equivalent of a grown man pouting while he sucks his thumb and hides behind his blanky. This used to be the kind of thing that the right used to destroy the left on. This used to be their punchline. They have truly become everything they hate.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

08/06/2022 11:09 AM

CurtisEflush

Joined Forum: 09/28/2012

It's odd how the Russian-loving law-and-order right are cheering the detention of Brittney Griner.
 08/06/2022 12:51 PM

Cole

Orban, who says mixed races are a bad thing, got a standing ovation at the Republican convention.

I was right.
 08/06/2022 01:44 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Remember too that Clarence Thomas has effectively argued in the Dodd case that Loving vs. Virginia was incorrectly decided.

08/06/2022 05:50 PM

johnnyboy

The white Christian theocracy he is nostalgic would have had him hanging from a tree for that poor white girl in the grip of the jungle fever. Watching the right openly adore Orban for his unapologetic attempts to take his country's democracy and kill it in favor of a white Christian theocracy is not surprising. It's like trump 2.0. They can't imagine not being led by a bully father figure in a religion they loudly subscribe to but do not abide by.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

08/07/2022 05:19 AM

scombrid

Kind of crazy. Remember when the truthers and anti-vax folks were outside both parties? Now they are pretty much running the GOP. Hell, Birther Trump came out as a Truther the other day when he was sucking some Saudi. Alex Jones has been declared their shining star by BreitBannon. MTG is their best fund raiser. The CINOs have taken over.

08/09/2022 04:48 AM

gdudewe

Joined Forum: 11/09/2011

Originally posted by: Cole

Orban, who says mixed races are a bad thing, got a standing ovation at the Republican convention.

They LOVE Orban! Hungarian gas prices are $6.75 a gallon this morning 8/9/2022. I wonder how they feel about that? "Orban did that."

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I noticed it always coincides with their own desires

Susan B. Anthony

Impeach Trump
 08/09/2022 06:47 AM

johnnyboy

Racial purity and Christian Justice. What could possibly go wrong?

08/09/2022 06:57 AM

dingpatch

Last night at a "drinking hole" I ran into a dolt that I did not understand, at first. He was saying that the GOP should ban Pence from running because, , , , , , , , he did not do what he should have done on January 6th. And, of course, that was Not Certifying the Electors and by that, keeping the Greatest President in History in office !!!!! ?? !!!! WTF????? Facebook again ????

This guy did not have a clue that the whole thing was "ceremonial" and that it was UNLAWFUL for Pence to do anything to NOT certify.

This guy's retort was "he could have, he should have, , , , , ,"! I believe that I am now unwelcome to sit at that area of the bar!

Dora Hates You

Edited: 08/09/2022 at 07:47 AM by dingpatch
 08/09/2022 07:03 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: johnnyboy Racial purity and Christian Justice. What could possibly go wrong?
Dementia Joe becoming president, for starters. That was a world class disaster, huh?

I :heart; Q
 08/09/2022 07:16 AM

Greensleeves

Not so bad here. You suffering Qspank?
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .