Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Paul Pelosi sold Google shares prior to DOJ antitrust suit
Topic Summary: Shocker.....
Created On: 01/26/2023 05:36 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/26/2023 05:36 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

Paul Pelosi, the multimillionaire husband of former House Speaker and current Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., sold 30,000 shares of Google stock a month prior to the Dept. of Justice's announcement of an antitrust lawsuit against the tech giant, according to a financial disclosure filed with the House of Representatives.

Pelosi reported the sale of Google stock in three different transactions between Dec. 20 and Dec. 28, 2022, each of which involved the sale of 10,000 shares of stock in Google's parent corporation Alphabet Inc. The Periodic Transaction Report filed with the House notes that each transaction involved an amount between $500,001 and $1,000,000 and yielded capital gains of more than $200 - although it's unclear how large the profit was. Taken together, the trades involved 30,000 shares and between $1.5 million and $3 million of assets.

story continues

What say the defenders?

-------------------------
Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 01/26/2023 05:57 AM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Keep electing wealthy politicians with the means to hoard wealth by shuffling money around or laundering bribes with real estate transactions and nothing will change. They'll never stop draining the swamp right into their overseas bank accounts. If the former president didn't make it clear that our need for ethics reforms is a much bigger crisis than immigration and drag queens, then a representative's spouse dumping stock ahead of a move that's been talked about for years isn't going to get any traction either.
 01/26/2023 06:01 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Pelosi Act

01/26/2023 06:05 AM

tpapablo

What say the defenders?
He's a prog, so it is perfectly ok. This sort of thing is only important if it involves a Republican.

I :heart; Q
 01/26/2023 06:11 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

We also need a Thomas Act that bans spouses of SCOTUS justices from attempting to overthrow presidential elections.

I'm all for them banning this type of thing, but I don't recall you outrage when Republicans did it.

http://thehill.com/homenews/se...threat-crashed-market/

I was right.
 01/26/2023 06:15 AM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Here here on the Thomas act

When America was "great"
 01/26/2023 06:16 AM

Cole

The Burr Act would be more fitting since this predates Pelosi.

http://www.cnn.com/2020/05/06/...tock-sales/index.html

I searched for Republican comments over Burr on here and didn't find any. Feel free to highlight them if you were outraged by this two years ago.

I was right.
 01/26/2023 06:16 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

Originally posted by: tpapablo

What say the defenders?

He's a prog, so it is perfectly ok. This sort of thing is only important if it involves a Republican.

You and yours are full of shitt. We against that no matter who is involved. You have insurrectionists in congress. Clean up your house before casting aspersions on others'.
 01/26/2023 06:18 AM

3rdworldlover

I like the idea of banning all politicians from holding and trading stocks or anything else that could be a means of corruption, and expand the to civil servants overseeing agencies and institutions.

However, the name of the bill is juvenile and likely to hinder it's chances of successfully passing.
Is that feature?
 01/26/2023 06:23 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover

I like the idea of banning all politicians from holding and trading stocks or anything else that could be a means of corruption, and expand the to civil servants overseeing agencies and institutions.

However, the name of the bill is juvenile and likely to hinder it's chances of successfully passing.

Is that feature?

"Is that (a) feature?"

Without a doubt. They want to be able to say they tried to stop politicians from profiting from insider trading, but they don't want it to actually pass. And if they can blame that on the Dems while not killing the cash cow, all the better.

I'd have the Senate legislation named after Burr or some other sleazebag pug, and use both names on the final legislation and pass that shit.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 01/26/2023 06:29 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

They want to be able to say they tried to stop politicians from profiting from insider trading, but they don't want it to actually pass.

Sadly enough that's probably true. I also saw a something the other day about a bill that would force congress to use the VA instead of the Cadillac insurance they currently have. Didn't have a chance to delve into it, but on the surface it sounded like something I would support.

Neither side is going to actually pass anything that would take from their piggy banks as long as they can blame the other side. Silly party politics.

Edited: 01/26/2023 at 06:31 AM by worksuxgetsponsered
 01/26/2023 06:32 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: SlimyBritches

What say the defenders?

We are against that no matter who is involved.

LIAR!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 01/26/2023 06:40 AM

tpapablo

And if they can blame that on the Dems while not killing the cash cow, all the better.
If Pro-slavers vote against it, they deserve the blame, no?

I :heart; Q
 01/26/2023 06:46 AM

OBX

Joined Forum: 11/06/2012

Originally posted by: SlimyBritches
What say the defenders?
You and yours are full of shitt. We against that no matter who is involved. You have insurrectionists in congress. Clean up your house before casting aspersions on others'.
"you and yours"........"we".......lol

Nothing screams "BRAINWASHED" more then employing group think and Identity politics in one post! lol.

Nice work, Slimy!

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

01/26/2023 07:25 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

more then employing group think and Identity politics in one post!

Unfortunately it's not only the MO on NSR, it seems to be the MO of much of the country and more than likely going to be part of our downfall.

01/26/2023 11:58 AM

johnnyboy

http://www.businessinsider.com...ott-brian-mast-2022-8

There's a lot of insider trading going on. Trick Scott and Brian Mast are enriching themselves the same way.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

01/26/2023 12:15 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: worksuxgetsponsered

I also saw a something the other day about a bill that would force congress to use the VA instead of the Cadillac insurance they currently have. Didn't have a chance to delve into it, but on the surface it sounded like something I would support.

I'm for that too, and while were in there let's merge the VA and Medicare and enroll the whole country.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 01/26/2023 12:42 PM

worksuxgetsponsered

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

http://www.businessinsider.com...ian-mast-2022-8

There's a lot of insider trading going on. Trick Scott and Brian Mast are enriching themselves the same way.

Apparently its legal for them to use insider info and legislation to enrich themselves, therein lies the problem. It needs to stop no matter who is doing it.

Like 3rd said, the name of that current bill is petty, and Pelosi isn't alone, but she was the speaker and very high profile so it would of course garner more attention.

01/26/2023 02:33 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Fat cats makin themselvs fatter alot of hot air from the local goon squad. Your words fall on deaf ears, make some action. I will call Pelosi for ya let her know
 01/26/2023 02:50 PM

Cole

Why use a new law?

http://www.congress.gov/bill/1...gress/senate-bill/2038

I was right.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .