Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Meanwhile, DeSantis remains on a roll.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/01/2023 06:29 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/01/2023 08:48 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: Sniper

Originally posted by: Cole

What are diverse ideas?

Old Conservative ways are taught in school. Less government, less taxes, offshoring business, as well as other conservative ideals.

Are you referring to the current social justice branch of Republican politics? Is that even taught in higher learning circles?

Would you pay over $100K to have an institution that consists of 99%+ conservatives to educate you or a child of yours?

Is that really the way it is?

I will defer to Curtis on this.

-------------------------
I was right.
 02/01/2023 08:55 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

I will defer to Curtis on this.

2nd.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 02/01/2023 08:57 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: CurtisEflush 99+% of my college education was STEM. The political preferences, orientations, religious beliefs, identities, and other subjective content about profs/students was never discussed. In the 1% where it was (like required courses in psych, soc, philosophy, history), the discussions would be appropriate but open to all perspectives. While you can argue those types of courses are subjective, there is legitimate "social science" and data to support objective statements relating to them. When appropriate to the subject of study, the truth should be discussed and taught (not buried), regardless of where it leads or whom it offends. Classic example: Would conservative parents want their college-age children to discuss The Bell Curve in a soc/psych class?
For my college age children, they could discuss murdering me for all I care. That wouldn't be true for k1-12 children, however. I would, though, still have an issue with paying tuition knowing that a bunch of worthless leeches in DEI/CRT bureaucracies are siphoning off a portion of that money that could be going to educating my children.

I :heart; Q
 02/01/2023 09:03 AM

johnnyboy

You guys have a very big government idea of education. You must really trust the government as you grow it and give it more power. What't the worst that could happen, right?

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

02/01/2023 09:08 AM

CurtisEflush

Joined Forum: 09/28/2012

For a different perspective, there are shared Student Union facilities that support a multitude of groups and clubs. Suppose, for example, a building (funded from university overhead / general fund) was used 50% for secular fraternity/sorority activities, 25% for Fellowship of Christian Athletes, and 25% for LGBTQ+++ organizations. Would Desantis' proposal basically cut the last 25% of funding that maintains the facility, or deny the LGBTQ+ organizations free (taxpayer-funded) use of it? Same for the other groups?

(Personally I would defund the fraternities and sororities. Greek = anti-American! )
 02/01/2023 09:14 AM

Cole

My son was confronted while crossing the campus between classes and was told he would go to hell if he didn't turn to Jesus.

He said, 'leave me alone,' and then walked off.

I was right.

Edited: 02/01/2023 at 09:17 AM by Cole
 02/01/2023 09:38 AM

3rdworldlover

My experience at UF was a conservative slanted one, in the environmental studies program.
We were trained to consult on behalf of the economic interests.
Where are these alleged liberal institutions, so I can send my kids?
 02/01/2023 09:42 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover

My experience at UF was a conservative slanted one, in the environmental studies program.

We were trained to consult on behalf of the economic interests.

Where are these alleged liberal institutions, so I can send my kids?

State monitoring sites are pulled when the customer no longer pays. I see this firsthand.

I was right.
 02/01/2023 09:48 AM

RustyTruck

My son was confronted while crossing the campus between classes and was told he would go to hell if he didn't turn to Jesus.

He said, 'leave me alone,' and then walked off.

We had that at FSU, but it tended to attract an amused crowd of secular hecklers. Always seemed to be during finals week, almost like the Uni did it so we could blow off some steam laughing at those clowns.

"God made Adam and Eve!!!! Not Adam and STEVE!!!!"

Still cracks me up.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 02/01/2023 10:04 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 02/01/2023 10:16 AM

3rdworldlover

Good stuff haha
 02/01/2023 10:23 AM

johnnyboy

Well done Worksux.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

02/01/2023 10:32 AM

tpapablo

A lot of mindless babble filling up this thread, as usual. Back to the topic. Good job, DeSantis. Of course, more people from shithole states be a coming.

I :heart; Q
 02/01/2023 10:35 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: tpapablo

A lot of mindless babble filling up this thread, as usual. .

Yeah, stupid thread to start with. I'm out to eat some oysters, drink some beer, and plot the revolution.

Statistics
146498 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .