Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: NSR moderator warning
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/19/2006 05:26 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/30/2006 05:11 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

thill25

Joined Forum: 01/22/2004

(it is also good for the decent honest buisness man that advertises on 2ndLight)...

That is the real key. Had that not been a thread about people Dave knows it would've lasted alot longer IMO.
 05/30/2006 05:14 AM

THE STREGA

Joined Forum: 10/02/2003

REPOSTING...

Better idea and one that WE can control. Just dont respond to him EVER, no matter how tempting it may be, just dont respond to him. After a while he will get bored and go away. At the very least he will slow his postings down if he has no one to talk to.
This is something inside of our control and we dont have to ask Dave to do anything.

-------------------------
"vegetarian" is an old okaloosa indian word that means LOUSY HUNTER.
 05/30/2006 05:18 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: THE STREGA
REPOSTING...

<b>Better idea and one that WE can control. Just dont respond to him EVER, no matter how tempting it may be, just dont respond to him. After a while he will get bored and go away. At the very least he will slow his postings down if he has no one to talk to.
This is something inside of our control and we dont have to ask Dave to do anything. </b>

Not going to get bored.....and not going away.......get real!....good luck....this board is way bigger than the few of you.....but you just don't know that yet.

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 05/30/2006 05:21 AM

Fish Killer

Oh...and one other thing Strega.....I have a right to my opinion too....what....do you think yours is the only one that matters....you need to be a dictator of a small country down in South America some where.

^These are PROVED facts.
 05/30/2006 05:21 AM

spunge

Joined Forum: 08/09/2003

<blockquote>Quote
<hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Fish Killer</b></i>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by: trekker6
You have a person, lagooner who professes to be a devout christian, who allows his little girls to have their pictures taken and placed in this forum with the caption "Girls gone wild", does anyone see anything wrong with this? Wouldn't a title like "My girls having a great time on the river" be more appropriate? If you go with the former title, isn't the response that lawless had, actually in keeping with that type of humor? Personally, I think it was irresponsible of the parent to use that caption with his girls, I know I wouldn't do it and I don't profess to be an icon of morality.
As far as FK goes, since he has arrived on the scene, this forum has really gone downhill, yes you get more hits, but the content is the same boring, monotonous mudslinging and one upsmanship. There is a diverse group on here and we have always had differences of opinion, on religion, politics, but this person has no courtesy, no computer ethos and just yells continuously, I assume that he is a little sissy once he gets out from behind his computer, cause he definitely has something to prove when he is behind his keyboard.
I'm not leaving, but this place has definitey lost some of it's value as a source of counterpoints and it is a shame for all of us.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see a man (lagooner) who wants to have a REAL safe place for his kids and wife to be able to go and not have perverts and predators stalking them........What he (probably his wife) did was innocent....right up until someone diliberatly turned it into the "sty" that it was turned into....how DARE you defend this!

There IS NO DEFENSE!

Those children are innocent! They were having fun on the river and their parents wanted to post pictures of them having a GREAT time going crazy wakeboarding on our beautyful river......Those kids wanted to see themselves posted playing like kids play....on a forum safe from exactly what happened and what the likes of YOU, did!!!!!

Furthermore this was promoting our beautyful area and the fun you can have here....to the world..(it is also good for the decent honest buisness man that advertises on 2ndLight)...and a few pigs have to ruin it for everybody!!!!!

The "pigs" are turning 2ndLight into a "sty"..and they think it's ok....they think it should be accepted and allowed....and that is what is really happening....nothing else!

The Fish Killer<hr></blockquote>

this is a BEAUTYFUL area...now mind your own BUISNESS and realize that you are the pig, oh self righteous one.....love always, spunge
EDIT:mispellings placed in caps

"As for them being "Godly" of course I think they are, due to God putting them in office to execute whatever "plan" He is implementing at any given time!
<BR>That would actually make them "Godly" even though I may not agree with their agenda's."- the insight of a brain-washed hand puppet

Edited: 05/30/2006 at 05:23 AM by spunge
 05/30/2006 05:23 AM

Fish Killer

If you say so there spunge...you must be right....you always are....in your own mind.

love always,

The Fish Killer

^These are PROVED facts.
 05/30/2006 05:25 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Thanks for bringing that out thill. I met the Lagooners for the first time the next day and they are great people. Love their children and cherish the time they have together. We spoke in detail about how they thought of this forum while we wakeboarded together. I have to tell you, I don't know why everyone assumes all this stuff about the lagooners. They are great people. Native Floridian, surfs, into protecting the environment, and wish nothing but good thoughts for everyone.

Now, like Fish Killer has layed out...along comes a competting website, that looks eerily similar to 2ndlight. Also, the same alias names, no hiding that one, comes along and is just rudes out people who post photos of their children who either surfs or wakeboards.

Where in the life of this forum have we ever allowed that to happen? Even if I know them or not?

I'll tell you what, I go with what I know and say I would rather have the lagooners on my side then any of the other stuff. If I lose face as the 'anonymous' troll dsurfman says, so be it...
 05/30/2006 05:26 AM

Fish Killer

What is the best is that you reposted all of my material again for everybody to read again...the good guys will read it and not like you either....they might even pm Dave and tell him as well....now that would be funny!

^These are PROVED facts.
 05/30/2006 05:32 AM

spunge

Joined Forum: 08/09/2003

do you do anything else with your time? i'd imagine that your marriage has probably fallen apart because you spend more time on here than you do with your wife...JESUS would not like that...i for one, will not repsond to your garbage from here forward....have a continually pathetic life....love always, spunge

"As for them being "Godly" of course I think they are, due to God putting them in office to execute whatever "plan" He is implementing at any given time!
<BR>That would actually make them "Godly" even though I may not agree with their agenda's."- the insight of a brain-washed hand puppet
 05/30/2006 05:34 AM

casper

Joined Forum: 09/16/2005

Deleted comments from before I realized no serious discussion happens here.

I've surfed most of the days of my life, the rest have just been wasted

Edited: 07/13/2014 at 05:41 AM by casper
 05/30/2006 05:35 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Fish Killer, I surf with the good guys .
I know the good guys .
The good guys are friends of mine.
Fish Killer, you're no good guy.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 05/30/2006 05:35 AM

THE STREGA

Joined Forum: 10/02/2003

Dave, as a relatively objective outsider(gulfcoaster that really doesnt know anyone) I can honestly say that I have known about the so called competing website for a long time, but never bothered even looking at it till FK decided to link to it. If a competing website is the issue so be it, but from my POV there is one poster that has gone far out of the way to intentionally agitate ALL others. If FK is a personal friend of yours, Im sorry he is embarrassing you. If he is not... I dont understand your defense of him. You have banned those that offended you, now take care of the real problem.

"vegetarian" is an old okaloosa indian word that means LOUSY HUNTER.
 05/30/2006 05:37 AM

hodad66

Time for another visual....

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation
and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our
waterways and ocean
 05/30/2006 05:57 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: spunge
do you do anything else with your time? I'd imagine that your marriage has probably fallen apart because you spend more time on here than you do with your wife...JESUS would not like that...i for one, will not respond to your garbage from here forward....have a continually pathetic life....love always, spunge

I had a nice fish barbecue yesterday with sesame ginger snook, double glazed (Grills Restaurant 2 part sauce) dolphin, seasoned grilled grouper, and blackened red fish (Paul Prudhomm's original version out of his 25 year old book). 2 Edwards Key lime pies, a pumpkin dump cake, and an Oreo cookie cream cake.
There were 25 people over here.....had a GREAT time.... was up yacking to 11 pm......with my wife.

Any other questions. I'm retired. I remodel our home. Got 10 projects going at once.
I also KILL FISH. So does my wife.

The Fish Killer

^These are PROVED facts.
 05/30/2006 05:57 AM

FLSurferzMom

Joined Forum: 08/10/2004

Nice change of pace there, Hodad!
Interesting thread. I can see both sides, but I lean towards Dave's because of the whole
premise behind 2ndlight. If you don't like the rules of the forum there is another place for
you where they will welcome you with open arms! BIG! Go on over and don't let the door
smack your butt on the way out! This site is more "family oriented" where as BIG is for
everyone. One of the few times I checked it out was when that 14 year old kid got kicked
off here and cruised over there. (HYbrids....) Did anyone see how he changed? His use
of every 4 letter word and nudity was unbelievable. I liked the way they handled it though.
He eventually got ruded right off BIG!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/flsurferzmom/
 05/30/2006 06:04 AM

Central Floridave

Strega, I don't know fish killer other than an IP address. Please point to where he has broken the forum rules.

The problem I see here, trying to look at this at the 30,000 foot level is that, there are a lot of 'anonymous' trolls obsessed about another 'anonymous' troll. Some have gone so far as to break into our forum s/w and got his registration information then displayed it here on the forum for people to see. So who's side am I on? No one. I want a clean forum and am really mad about the private information being leaked.

What has fish killer done what everyone else does when their beliefs are attacked. Its clearly fish killer is a christian. Why does that bother people? Is this a forum where we throw the Christians to the lions...and not allow them to defend themselves? Just ban them?

Fish Killer has fluffed a lot of feathers, no doubt about that. I can remember ME telling him to keep me out of his drama world a few weeks ago. However, I've been drawn in and can share his viewpoint that this forum does need to be cleaned up.

On Saturday we implemented moderator approval for new users. This is just another step in going in the direction of keeping the forum clean. A few years back we would allow anyone to join. Then we had to go to valid emails. Now with proxy servers and the everchanging IP address along with the constant stream of attacks, hopefully, screening new users will help.

Also, it would be prudent to change your password every so often. Its easy to do, go to your profile and change it then click update. Especially if you have the same password on other forums. As obvious some forums don't respect people's privacy!

But, maybe this won't work Who Knows???? A forum implosion? Some wish that on us. That is okay, I know we have some distractors and its obvious to see who they are, at least from my chair.

I don't want to squash people's freedom to speak up. However, there are rules and if you can't live within these rules...well, I don't know what you should do...Just please respect the rules.

05/30/2006 06:12 AM

krafty

Joined Forum: 07/23/2003

"I don't know fish killer other than an IP address. Please point to where he has broken the forum rules""

so calling a person a pedophile is ok??

you keep saying someone 'broke' into second light's mod base.... that's bullcrap with a capital BS. you gave the info out from what i gather.

one can't phase me.... phase me can't one.
 05/30/2006 06:14 AM

hodad66

One of the best rules WAS "no personal attacks". Even before FK many threads simply turned into
name calling. It happened on NSR & happens on the surfing forum too. Now THAT would make things
much nicer.... once again.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation
and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our
waterways and ocean
 05/30/2006 06:16 AM

krafty

Joined Forum: 07/23/2003

little difference in making an alias variation such as krappy and blatantly calling people pedophiles.

actually aLOT of difference.

one can't phase me.... phase me can't one.

Edited: 05/30/2006 at 06:17 AM by krafty
 05/30/2006 06:23 AM

Central Floridave

Krafy, like I told you earlier...You are full of hate and delusional.

Calling someone a pedophile? I would have to see it in the context it was used. Point me to a thread.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : NSR moderator warning

<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .