Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Madoff seeks to keep NYC penthouse, $62M in assets
Topic Summary: This guy is F'n kidding.... right??
Created On: 03/02/2009 06:48 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/02/2009 06:48 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

krafty

Joined Forum: 07/23/2003

Bernard Madoff is seeking to keep a $7 million Manhattan penthouse and an additional $62 million in assets, saying they are unrelated to the fraud that authorities say cost victims more than $50 billion.

Get bent clown. He should be stripped of every dime.

-------------------------
one can't phase me.... phase me can't one.
 03/02/2009 07:09 PM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

gotta be a matter of time before this guy gets whacked.
 03/02/2009 07:14 PM

1nut

Joined Forum: 07/19/2006

Cheney's got something to do with this.

"It's the only world we've got. Protect it while we can. It's all there is and there ain't no more." Jello Biafra
 03/03/2009 04:05 AM

hodad66

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation
and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our
waterways and ocean
 03/03/2009 05:03 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

He should be stripped of every dime.

...and I hope he spends the rest of his life in prison too, but I'm more pissed off at the SEC and other lawmakers that are supposed to be keeping watch for these criminals. They were warned of this jackasses shenanagans a long time ago and did nothing.

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 03/03/2009 06:52 AM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

He definiely should be behind bars instead of being treated as a 'white collar'.

People like him need to be made a very public example of so that no one dares to go down that path ever..

Not that feel particularly sorry for some of the people he bilked.. 'Thieves stealing from theives makes God laugh'..

And his wife has 'independant' assets that she should be allowed to keep - because they were not 'illegally obtained'.. As if we were all born yesterday - and also his close 'relatives', 'friends' and 'associates'..?

As long as this a class structure is allowed to continue among common criminals we will continue to be a nation in decline - from the top down. These criminals do way more damage to our overall exconomy than any drug cartel or gangs could - but they have 'friends in high places'.. I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine..

We daren't even talk about going after the CEO's and executives who sucessfully made us un-knowing & un-willing participants in the housing & stock market pyramid schemes and bilked everyone in this country of their retirement accounts..
Again, amazing what having 'friends in high places' will do..

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...
 03/03/2009 08:04 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

The Obama justice department already making a mockery of justice. Madoff was, of course, a big contributor to the dems. Coincidence?

I agree with the rest of you - this jackass should be on the worst cell block of Rikers Island. I cannot understand why he isn't.

I :heart; Q
 03/03/2009 08:47 AM

tahoe

Joined Forum: 08/18/2006

Originally posted by: surfsail

Not that feel particularly sorry for some of the people he bilked... 'Thieves stealing from theives makes God laugh'.

That's a telling statement coming from a liberal who espouses great concern for his fellow man. People investing their money with a thief, or who trusted their money to a thief, are thieves themselves? Interesting way to look at things. Bet you wouldn't be so cavalier about things if it was you caught up in the problem.
 03/03/2009 08:56 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: tahoe

Originally posted by: surfsail

Not that feel particularly sorry for some of the people he bilked... 'Thieves stealing from theives makes God laugh'.

That's a telling statement coming from a liberal who espouses great concern for his fellow man. People investing their money with a thief, or who trusted their money to a thief, are thieves themselves? Interesting way to look at things. Bet you wouldn't be so cavalier about things if it was you caught up in the problem.

I guess you read what you want to read.

03/03/2009 08:56 AM

sandyfeet

Joined Forum: 10/14/2008

Politics at its finest.

03/03/2009 10:37 AM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

What you all don't understand is that the shame he is feeling is waaaay more punishment than the judicial system could ever levy. That is why we jail people who steal from a 7-11, but not people who steal millions. Just being held up to the scorn and ridicule is more than they can possibly bear. Sending him to jail would just be a waste.

Just kidding. I hear this garbage from white collar criminals every time they are busted. Assuming that they are not lying when they say that, jailing them in the most vile penetentiary would be a minor inconvenience. So, go ahead and jail them in the Louisiana bayou on a chain gang. They've already endured the worst punishment we can give them just by embarrassing them (if that's possible). I'm sick of these guys destroying the US financial system and skating away with their millions. I don't care if they gave the money to their wife or not - it is stolen goods. If I stole a diamond ring and gave it to my girlfriend as an engagement ring, the law would take it back. Should be the same here.
 04/14/2021 05:10 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

blast from past bump
 04/15/2021 07:05 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Federal prison or the BOP as it's known is gladiator school. Those doughy white guys crying about their third wife leaving them as they went to prison fall on deaf ears. There is no safety and sleep is inevitable as it is dangerous. They will be beaten, extorted, enslaved and ignored. It's amazing for me to walk in to FDC and have a guy explain to me that he doesn't belong there. The level of self delusion and narcissism and a nagging belief that everyone breaks the law and it's just unfair that they alone should be scapegoated by being imprisoned when everyone is doing it. They say the worst company you can keep is your own and if they are in there long enough, they may get honest about their actions, the consequences and the future. Or they may die trying in the arena.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .