Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Moving back to Brevard
Topic Summary: Need a house to buy or rent long term
Created On: 08/25/2019 02:41 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/25/2019 02:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

UncleFunk

Joined Forum: 08/30/2010

This is a pretty unique and niche request, but I'll put it out there. First some information about me: My family of four currently live in Costa Rica (near Samara) and we are have been here five years. Need to move back "home" to the Cocoa Beach area for a couple reasons and it will be within the next month or so. I currently have 11 rentals - 10 in Brevard and one in Colorado where I used to live. I've had single family homes (and spend nearly all of my money buying rentals) for about 16 years. I self manage and I am a long term, buy and hold investor building cash flow. We are moving into one of our homes, but the remodel will take several months, since it's a home from the 50's and all major systems need to be updated and replaced. I say that because it sets the tone for what I'm looking for: I would ultimately like another rental property, but I need to live there for 4-6 months first. It doesn't need to be in top notch condition, but it does need to be relatively unique. I want to buy it, preferably through an owner financed transaction where I would put down enough money that you would know I am serious. I will turn it into a rental when we move into our house and "bullet proof" it before it's a rental. I could also do a long term lease where I have the option to purchase it. In this case, I would pay insurance, taxes, and repairs and I will bullet proof it to be an excellent rental. Any reluctant landlords out there that would like the tax advantages of having a home, but not the headache anymore? I don't mind the work at all and have built a system where I can live out of the country and manage the whole process. I would love to partner with the right person (or, better yet, take it off your plate and you'll never have to hear about it again - just get a direct deposit into your account every month). I know this is out of the fairway and I don't really want to AirBnB for a few months because it's pretty ridiculous to throw away rent money like that. At the same time, lease options and owner financed "deals" on Craigslist are mostly scams or bait and switch. Any ideas from this community? Going to miss the waves and vibe here, but looking forward to getting back to Brevard for a bit. Pura vida! Luke
 08/25/2019 10:21 PM

LouieOnBrixton

Joined Forum: 08/21/2015

How do you property manage long distance? How do you show the property to prospective tenants? I have a property you may be interested in. I just put it on the market last week. Its in the 32937 area code though. What is your budget?
 08/26/2019 05:34 PM

UncleFunk

Joined Forum: 08/30/2010

First and foremost, get excellent tenants - screen well and don't flex on the important criteria. Second, train them well and don't surprise them. Let them know about renewals and how you operate in advance. "I'll take care of it like it's my own!" No thanks. Take care of it like it's mine! If there are problems, help them get out as soon as possible. A bad tenant or one with perpetual money priority problems will always bring more problems. It's not personal, it's just my family depends on the success of my business, so there is very little room to flex. I rarely have turnover, but there are several tools I use for virtual showings and I have a range of people who I pay to help. It's been trial and error, but I've had properties for nearly 16 years and have come up with a system that usually works. If it doesn't, just throw a few dollars at it and that helps. I'll send you a PM

Edited: 08/26/2019 at 05:47 PM by UncleFunk
 09/04/2019 11:01 AM

Sector9surf

Joined Forum: 01/14/2010

Uncle Funk - I just ended a lease of a family property which is likely to get sold in the next year. It's definitely unique and the owner is talking about converting the entire home back into a traditional single family home. (It currently has the garage converted and the home split to have separated, private units which I've BNB'd for the past 3 years). I also think he would be open to owner financing. It's in Cocoa Beach. Send me a text 321-704-0013 if you're interested.

Edited: 09/04/2019 at 11:01 AM by Sector9surf
 09/10/2019 03:13 PM

leatherneck

Joined Forum: 01/16/2008

i have a 3/2 2 car garage just across from the King center on Campus circle its on a cul de sac I'm looking to rent Jan/feb my name is eric 321 759 3779 call me if interested
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .