Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Need a puppy
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/24/2020 12:53 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/24/2020 12:53 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

savageva

Joined Forum: 03/10/2004

Does anyone have puppies, or a young dog, for sale? Looking for a medium sized breed, no pits.

Please call 321-779-5083
 04/24/2020 04:39 PM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Start Here

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 04/26/2020 09:44 AM

Bamboo

We have had very good experiences with the Brevard Humane Society

https://brevardhumanesociety.org/

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 04/26/2020 02:12 PM

LouieOnBrixton

Joined Forum: 08/21/2015

adopt! you'll never find a dog more appreciative. even more so if you choose a slightly older dog.
 04/28/2020 06:49 AM

Quadro

Joined Forum: 11/14/2017

adopt, don't shop
 04/28/2020 07:15 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I was just marveling about how my dogs make this time better. Much better.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

05/01/2020 05:17 AM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

Best dog I ever had was a Golden Retriever I rescued off here from a free to good home post. I had him 12 years before he passed from liver cancer. RIP Old Friend
 05/03/2020 06:58 AM

johnnyboy

Were you able to get a dog?

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

05/04/2020 05:24 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

If you have a certain breed in mind, most of them have breed-specific rescue sites too. Maybe things have changed but the last time I was in the market for a new dog, I checked all the shelters in Brevard County and Orlando. There was not a single dog that wasn't some kind of a pitbull mix. They would call them something like "retriever mix" but it was obvious that there was more pitbull present than any kind of retriever. I've had friends that have had great pitbulls and a few of them have been really sweet happy dogs but I just don't want that kind of liability.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 05/05/2020 05:58 AM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

A while back I walked into the Brevard shelter and asked what dog has been here the longest, which dog is not looked at for adoption...they showed me 10+ pit mixes. I had to restate "what dog does no one want that is NOT a Pit mix"...They showed me "Desi" a small hound mix around 9 years old , one owner who gave it up cause his girlfriend moved in or something like that. Desi turned out to be a great dog...Please do the same , look at the older dogs that no one wants...everyone wants a puppy...Desi was already trained and perfect. A worker commented that I got one of the sweetest dogs that everyone overlooked cause she was not a puppy.
 05/05/2020 10:31 AM

johnnyboy

We bought dogs a long time ago. We rescued one. We will not be buying a dog ever again.

05/19/2020 12:38 PM

Bamboo

My father would buy bred gun dogs, but those were not pets exactly. Every dog or cat that I truly loved as a pet and companion has been an adoption or rescue of some type.

Extra Karma Kredits for adopting an older animal, too, if that works for you.
Either way, though...adopting is a great path.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 05/20/2020 05:49 AM

johnnyboy

I was naive in thinking an older dog that needed rescuing wouldn't work.

05/26/2020 07:44 AM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

Forget the puppy go with an older pup
 05/26/2020 01:00 PM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

A lot depends on your circumstances. How old are you? How active are you? How much time do you have to spend with this dog during the day? Do you have kids? If so, how old? How much experience do you have with dogs?

I have bought puppies and I have rescued two adultish dogs. Both of my rescues were great dogs but I would be lying if I said that I didn't inherit any problems from the previous owner. That being said, having a puppy can be a complete pain in the ass.

Both of my rescues were purebred rescues. I love mutts. However, I don't want to get a mystery puppy and just see what happens. The good thing about a purebred rescue is that you have a general idea as to what you are getting. If you don't have kids or if you are a really experienced dog owner/trainer then this might not be a concern for you. Personally, I don't want any aggressive dogs in my house. I don't live on a farm and I don't have any livestock to protect. I just want a companion dog. If you need protection, then buy a gun or take some martial arts classes but don't buy a dog for that.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 05/29/2020 01:26 PM

johnnyboy

I have a very sweet Portuguese Water Dog. He will bite the nuts off anyone who is not supposed to be in my yard or house.

06/02/2020 05:59 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

My "black lab" from the Humane Society turned out to be a mix of Weimaraner, Catahoula, and American Staffordshire Terrier. LOL

She's awesome and VERY protective of the family and house. Smart as heck so we invested in training her. I'll never bother with an untrained dog again.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
FORUMS : For Sale : Need a puppy

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .