Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Looking for a four door truck...
Topic Summary: In the 8k range.
Created On: 05/26/2020 03:07 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/26/2020 03:07 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I have seen two fj cruisers that were not a bad deal until the carfax showed the odometer had been rolled back. Seems rampant here in south Florida so maybe the treasure coast will be better.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

05/29/2020 01:24 PM

johnnyboy

2006 four runner with 180 for 7k. I'm pleased. But this process sucked.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

08/09/2020 09:20 AM

Sector9surf

Joined Forum: 01/14/2010

A buddy of mine was looking to sell his Toyota Tacoma which is very new and low miles. I believe its 2-3 years old. Call or text me if you're interested and I can give him your number. Only thing is I believe he needs $14-15k to pay it off but it's a very nice truck and in great condition. 321-704-0013
 08/14/2020 03:14 PM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Love the FJ's but they really aren't a full 4doors and have some quirks such as visibility and they need premium gas. but those are great off-road and snow cars.
All the toyotas are kinda pricy, but are really good. There was a 1972 J40 on MI that I looked at a couple of times for a family member in Idaho. Those things are beasts off road. Mike Erdman's toyota has a beautiful early '70s diesel J40 that is a museum piece.

For your price range might want to consider a 5.7L durango which or even the 3.6 v6. Not especially flashy, but people I know who have them seem to like them and that 5.7 v8 is a solid motor with good power and running gear.

did you buy the 4runner?

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV

Edited: 08/14/2020 at 03:15 PM by Bamboo
 08/14/2020 04:54 PM

johnnyboy

4 runner is mine now. I am glad I didn't get the fj cruiser. The 4 runner has towed me and the boat down to keys and back with no issues. It drives well. I had a few fj 40's in my younger days. Very simple motors and easily learned. Just not cheap. My particular gift was getting one in tough shape, getting very acquainted with specter off road, rebuilding the brake master cylinder, the carb, fuel pump, replacing brake lines and nipples, putting bad ass 33's on, porcelainizing the rusted tank and putting a muffler in a direction that didn't loop the fumes back to me. I could do all that for about 8k and it would be worth about 3k. I sold the second one for 2600. I bought my wife's engagement ring with that. It was like a metaphor.

08/14/2020 06:08 PM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

JB, a FJ40 with all the stuff done to it that you mentioned and that is drive-able and reliable would sell for 8k to 40k depending on vintage, condition, etc. They have gotten expensive. The days of the them (and scouts, broncos, blazers, etc.) being cheap are long gone. The one on MI was 5k and rough but had good running gear.

But we is just getting old, I basically gave away a '91 240sx 5-speed hatchback that I bought brand new...and kick myself whenever i see a clean stock one knowing that stock ones are unicorns now and pricey.

4Runners are awesome, and always have been.
Enjoy your ride!

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .