Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: I want a 12 gauge over under
Topic Summary: For sporting clays.
Created On: 10/10/2021 12:53 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/10/2021 12:53 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Turns out semi auto is not the way to go.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/11/2021 02:35 PM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

All depends which one you use!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 10/13/2021 10:01 AM

johnnyboy

The Fabarms Elos N2 Sport. Had to trade three to get this one. It runs about 3K. It sure is purdy. Fabarms is partially owned by Caesar Guerini, who had the next best option, but it was $1250 more. The reason these Italian over unders are so expensive is because they are made to function as clay, skeet, trap etc for tens of thousands of rounds without wearing out. The ejectors, firing pins and joints are built to be very robust and durable. I really labored over getting a CZ but the durability and fit sold me on the Fabarm. Its got a five year warranty.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/13/2021 06:45 PM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

I'd agree with Crankit, depends on the shooter and gun.
For years I used Rem1100s for trap and skeet skeet leagues and for trap it is still my favorite. I had a Krieghoff trap gun for a while, but shot better with the Rem1100 trap. Soft shooting, reliable, consistent pattern, and fits me well.
so, am kinda fond of the old gas blower.

But, agree that a good o/u is hard to beat and that is what all the cool kids use.
SKBs can be a bargain if they fit you. My old favorite is a 1961 SKB 505 that has shot thousands of rounds in skeet leagues since the 1960's (was a family gun). I also had a newer 85TSS 30" for sporting clays and really liked that one, too. Sold it to someone who liked it more. Don't shoot much sporting clays now, but have a Beretta 686 for clays and skeet and like it. Not as nice as the guns you mentioned, but fits well, shoots to point, and is reliable.

Where you shooting clays at?

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV

Edited: 10/14/2021 at 05:38 AM by Bamboo
 10/14/2021 10:27 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

I use the Citori, but the couple I shot with used the Beretta semi, but they were sponsored by Beretta!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 10/14/2021 11:03 AM

johnnyboy

I went to trade a never fired citori lighting made in Belgium to get a credit for the fabarms Elos. The guy offered me 800. Absurd. I kept it. I just started shooting clay so it's all new to me. Palm Beach County now has a really nice range with full auto clay stations. It's on par with other costs and it's really good. It feels so much more exciting and challenging than going to shoot pistols at stationary targets. My nephew is shooting between 70 and 80 percent. My first time I shot about 35%. I will be working on that.

My nephew has the Caesar Guerini. Very pretty gun too. There are guys out there that show up trailering their 30k side by sides with shotguns that cost about the same. It's crazy conspicuous consumption but I'm not bothered by them. I'm in the entry level and looking forward to it.

10/14/2021 12:56 PM

Bamboo

yep, if you get into it spending $10k+ on a good shotgun is reaaaaally easy.

But honestly, it is your skills and not the shotgun. One of the best skeet shooters i know uses a old model 12 in .410 and I have seen him break 23/25 shooting it behind his back. When he is serious he would go into the hundreds before a miss with that .410.

Same thing in clays, beware of the guy with the old beat up shotgun, he probably knows how to use it.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 10/15/2021 11:18 AM

johnnyboy

Picked up a cz drake for one of the teenage complainers. It's a good entry level gun to see if he stays with it. If you put it next to tne fabarm elos, it looks a Chinese SKS.

10/18/2021 11:51 AM

johnnyboy

The Fabarms ELOS is a very sweet and natural shooter. Its lighter than the Caesar Guerini. The Browning Citori 20 is also enjoyable to shoot its significantly smaller than the 12 with 32" barrels. Got just over 40. I can see how this gets into your imagination and makes you want to come back.

10/19/2021 08:00 AM

Bamboo

yep, the shooting sports are a lot of fun.
Not all participants are Tactical Timmy's like a lot of people imagine, but more like a bowling or frisbee league group. i still try to go to matches of some type every month when my schedule allows.

Skeet surfing is the next shooting sport i want to try.
(google the reference if you don't know)

10/19/2021 02:08 PM

johnnyboy

Fantastic. Val Kilmer's greatest role. THe Vero club looks very nice. I think I will try to get my accuracy up for now.

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .