Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Wetsuits, XLS (and a Matuse XXLS), 2 to 5 mm, and DaFin swim fins, L. (photo re-linked)
Topic Summary: Matuse's need homes. Pay shipping and I'll send.
Created On: 11/18/2021 08:23 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/18/2021 08:23 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

First, the fins. I've mostly moved from DaFin (L) to Yucca, first L and now finding XL mostly a better idea, so I can pass along 2 or 3 pair in L.
    Over the past year or so, I've upgraded wetsuits to change from chest to back entry--there was loss of mobility in both shoulders. They've not quite as good as before rotator cuff damage, though surgery was very helpful.
    I'm now relying on backzips from Feral (made a good impression by sponsoring at the Florida Film Festival) and O'Neill. Just picked up a 5/4 suit with an extremely wide and easy front entry from Hotline. Tried a DaKine no-zip entry and was surprised at how well it fit, but their suits seem kind of heavy for their thickness. Too much carpeting inside? Now to visit some cold water. I used to live in Oregon.
    Being a packrat, I have XLS chest zips from 2 to 5 mm from Hurley (they had clearance sales), also Matuse from 2 to 5 mm, Rip Curl, Hyperflex (a non-allergenic suit), XCEL. I'm pretty sure I need some of them around in case of weight loss and better arm mobility, but otherwise, the rack needs to be reduced.
    Original prices go from $400 to $140 or so. My objective is to not feed the landfill. Suggestions for a beach-oriented thrift shop would be welcome.
    A 4/3 XLS F-bomb from Rip Curl, excellent if you don't mind a carpeted interior. Sizing is a bit different from most others: height 5'11-6'1.
    I live in Vero Beach. I visit Brevard.
    PM me and I'll set up messaging and/or email. Can photograph anything.

Edited: 02/18/2022 at 11:25 AM by ww
 11/24/2021 08:25 AM

Dahui321

Joined Forum: 08/29/2014

Spent 35 days camping and surfing up in Canada. Thank you for the great suits from last clearance. Volt and West got my vote. Volt most comfort, West warmest. Good luck on the lights, place always comes out looking great!!! Great waves up there yesterday https://www.surfline.com/surf-news/good-epic-november-23-nova-scotia-canada/137922
 11/27/2021 11:51 PM

ww

A month of Nova Scotia and vicinity sounds good. There seem to still be a lot of West wetsuits around here. At Newport Beach, I saw plenty of Volte. Jack's sells them. Good to know you've been having cold fun.
    Now that I've got the nice Hotline, I've gotta visit somewhere cold. It seems that shoulder problems causing difficulties with chest entries are fairly common.
. Heathcote Garden of Lights was a mess. I was sidelined with rotator cuff surgery in August, finished physical therapy last week. Others did most of the setup labor, but everyone had problems with rain. So opening day was all sorts of last minute glitches. Looked fine for opening weekend. The Bonsai Gallery this year has every last tree lighted, some white, others in pink, yellow, orange, blue, or teal. It's a spectacle. The string lights sometimes do wonders to show off the beautiful trunks and branches.
 12/29/2021 04:46 AM

Sluggo

Joined Forum: 01/10/2006

Interested in the XL 2mm Hurley. Pics and price please. Text 407-687-9043 if still available. Thanks
 01/07/2022 05:34 AM

ww

Wetsuit was sold

Edited: 02/02/2022 at 03:13 PM by ww
 01/09/2022 03:28 AM

ww

A reminder about swim fins. I've pretty much transitioned from DaFin to Yucca (with some Pods and MS Viper).
Buy a reservation for the forthcoming Native Florida plate (at Florida Native Plant Society plate voucher), get a pair of fins or maybe a Hobbit-sized wetsuit.

Edited: 01/09/2022 at 03:39 AM by ww
 01/19/2022 04:03 PM

ww

Fins cluttering the closet. Everything but an XXL pair of DaFins (and are labeled "BIG BU MODEL rather than PRO MODEL) is Large. I've been having foot uncertainty about Yucca. Had a couple cases of foot cramps, but that was wearing thin neoprene fin socks. Lately, the L's are doing fine with bare feet. There's also an odd problem with the right foot getting swollen. Poor circulation.
    Anyway, the DaFins are all available at $40/pair, $30 if you'd like a used pair (have red Noyle, similar to the blue, and others).
    I can slim down the Yucca fleet a bit, which is now backed up in varying flexes (from stiff to extra-soft) in L. I've been expanding into XL and one pair of XXL for really cold water, if I ever make it north.
    I think both Yuccas on display are standard flex. I admit to liking the orange-cinnamon better than some of their other colors.

Edited: 02/02/2022 at 03:12 PM by ww
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .