Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Out of Scottsmore, North IRL
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/01/2021 08:24 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Out of Scottsmore, North IRL   - jdbman - 07/01/2021 08:24 AM  
 Out of Scottsmore, North IRL   - crankit - 07/06/2021 01:49 PM  
 Out of Scottsmore, North IRL   - jdbman - 07/06/2021 04:59 PM  
 Out of Scottsmore, North IRL   - tertle - 07/12/2021 08:37 AM  
 Out of Scottsmore, North IRL   - stokedpanda - 07/16/2021 07:20 AM  
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/06/2021 01:49 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Is that near Mims?

-------------------------
Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 07/06/2021 04:59 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Yes between Mims and Oak Hill

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 07/12/2021 08:37 AM

tertle

Joined Forum: 07/23/2003

I was up in Mims Saturday (10th). Water clarity was gin clear. Paddled south to the NASA bridge and came across an alarming number of dead horseshoe crabs. Thousands and thousands of them washed up on the shoreline. Not sure what happened or if that is a normal occurrence this time of year? Then paddled back north about 4 miles past my launch spot.

I covered a lot of water. Saw lots of reds, none were interested in what I presented, not even a flinch. All the snook were tucked up in the shadows. Saw a couple 35-40" snook bolt out from the mangroves. They were so tight it was impossible to make any kind of cast. Hell, I didn't even know they were there so it didn't matter anyways! I did see lots of micro pockets of grass and I mean micro, like single strands spread very, very far apart along with baseball size pockets of growth. It's trying to make a comeback but if we get another bloom....

Roundtrip paddle was about 8-9miles.

07/16/2021 07:20 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Originally posted by: tertle

I was up in Mims Saturday (10th). Water clarity was gin clear. Paddled south to the NASA bridge and came across an alarming number of dead horseshoe crabs. Thousands and thousands of them washed up on the shoreline. Not sure what happened or if that is a normal occurrence this time of year? Then paddled back north about 4 miles past my launch spot.

I covered a lot of water. Saw lots of reds, none were interested in what I presented, not even a flinch. All the snook were tucked up in the shadows. Saw a couple 35-40" snook bolt out from the mangroves. They were so tight it was impossible to make any kind of cast. Hell, I didn't even know they were there so it didn't matter anyways! I did see lots of micro pockets of grass and I mean micro, like single strands spread very, very far apart along with baseball size pockets of growth. It's trying to make a comeback but if we get another bloom....

Roundtrip paddle was about 8-9miles.

Cool to hear about the big snook, sucks to hear about the horseshoe crabs as I have heard they(and puffer fish for some reason) are signs of good water quality.....their blood is valuable for scientific research.....hope no way killed them for that reason???

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .