Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Selling Palm Trees to Disney?
Topic Summary: Anyone ever do it or know how to contact them?
Created On: 01/18/2020 08:43 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/18/2020 08:43 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

palmtreeg

Joined Forum: 04/27/2010

Over the years I have seen large palm trees removed from the neighborhood allegedly purchased by Disney.

Does anybody have a contact number/email information for Disney that evaluates and purchases trees? Also does anybody have first line knowledge often experience in this regard?

I have a few large specimens I was going to inquire about selling.

TIA!

-------------------------
Brevard Surf Report
 01/18/2020 06:14 PM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

probably need a plant broker. That's all I got. Good Luck. Let us know what you find out.
 01/19/2020 08:09 AM

palmtreeg

Thanks Dave!

Will do...

Brevard Surf Report
 01/19/2020 10:15 AM

Palm_Grower

Joined Forum: 09/11/2004

The company that buys trees out of Florida yards is Sunscape out of Tampa and they have a location off Weber road in Malabar/Palm Bay.
They have EVERY date palm in Florida in their GPS. That's why people find notes on their front doors asking about a specific tree in their yard.

The buyer for Sunscape is Ike. His number is 813-267-9931. He will ask for a photo of what you are interested in selling. If they have a customer that is looking for that plant, he will make you an offer. Don't get your hopes up. It won't be alot.
People tend to forget that it costs Sunscape money to send a semi-truck/flatbed/crane to IHB/Satellite with 4 laborers to dig out the large trees and be covered by insurance in case they mess up. The last tree I delt with in IHB was a Canary Island Date Palm that had about 8' of wood on it. They gave the owner $800.00, a 25g potted date palm, some dirt to fill in the hole and a few pieces of sod to cover it up.

Forget about Disney unless you have something really really really unique like an oak tree that is in the exact shape of Mickey Mouse and produces popcorn instead of acorns. And if you did have that tree, Disney would have already contacted you. Then try to get paid by them.

Edited: 01/19/2020 at 10:16 AM by Palm_Grower
 01/20/2020 04:51 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Almost spit my coffee out on that 'popcorn instead of acorns' LOL...
 01/20/2020 06:12 AM

Aceman

Joined Forum: 09/01/2003

You might try TREEMEDDOUS QUALITY GROWERS, Apopka 407-886-0475
I do know Disney only deals with very large growers/brokers & does not deal with mom & pop's.

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and holds the universe together.
 01/20/2020 11:20 AM

palmtreeg

I appreciate the info...

Mucho gracias!!!

Brevard Surf Report
 01/21/2020 05:46 AM

Zeus

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Got share my story - Many, many years ago I got a call from a landscaper friend because he knew I had had a 100" tree spade and transporter truck. He said he had a customer in Sanford that wanted 5 tall & very old Canary Island Date Palms cut down, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. So I contacted the owner and learned he had no idea what he had. I struck a deal with him to remove them, fill and landscape the holes however he liked for $50 each. At first I planned on putting them on my nursery till I found buyers, which I thought would take a while, but the very next day my sister in-law, who worked construction at Disney, told me they were looking for some tall CIDP specimens for Animal Kingdom. A phone call later, Disney fell all over themselves putting me on contract for digging up, transporting and replanting. A week later that truck was paid for. Thought for sure I'd get more work from Disney but never heard from them again. So I went back to digging cabbage palms in Farmington and replanting them for FDOT.
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .