Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: What to do with a thousand mangos
Topic Summary: What a year!
Created On: 08/06/2023 06:48 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/06/2023 06:48 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

LIV2SURFDT

Joined Forum: 07/23/2003

The squirrels always get their fill, probably a couple hundred this year. Giving full boxes away to friends and family. Bringing them in to work for the work gang. Eating a couple a day. Wifes been making killer mango pies. The mango coconut combo, with fresh coconuts from the yard, was divine. Still too many to consume. Until I bought a dehydrator. Peel and slice, rack em up on the six shelves and leave for about 12 hours. Golden snack heaven. Like fruit roll-ups but better. You can use up a ton of mangos and they last for at least six months. But they are so good I doubt they will see November. Never thought I would like them this much but they seriously rival the fresh fruit. As I stare at the last couple hundred fruits on the tree I am grateful for the most productive year Ive ever seen. Would probably have fruit-on-the-tree till September if not for the dam tree rats. On the positive side, a couple dozen pods have germinated and are growing under the momma tree. Dropped by the varmints...Cheers!
 08/06/2023 10:50 AM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

My wife is not a huge fan of fresh mango, but she eats dried mango like they are potato chips. I can get about 3 Kents in my 6 rack drier which makes a good quart of dried. She will eat 2/3 or them that night. Hard to keep ahead. We took a stuffed full gallon bag on a week long road trip and they barely made it through the trip. Good stuff.

You can freeze mango really easily, too. Great on cereal with milk. Like eating ice cream.
 08/06/2023 04:59 PM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

It's been a bumper crop year. I made mango jam, froze some, and gained about 5 pounds the past two months.

08/07/2023 07:18 AM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

Live about 50 yards from the ocean Had maybe 12 on the Julie and 0 yes zero on the Glenn, Haydens, Bailey marvel and Valencia Pride? Worse season in decades? Why? My theory is strong NW winds blasted the flowers and small BBs? Any oceanfront or close get a decent crop?
 08/07/2023 03:06 PM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

My friend who lives a block away from ocean in Satbe had bumper crop of rosigold, kent, valencia pride.
 08/11/2023 07:14 AM

e11even

Joined Forum: 02/20/2014

Two blocks from the beach in Indialantic and had a decent crop on the Carrie but all gone now.

-------------------------

-

Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .