Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Ever surfed Portugal?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/25/2014 09:23 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/25/2014 09:23 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

TunnelVision

Joined Forum: 10/02/2003

planning out next trip and think Portugal would be really cool - like september or October. Anyone ever been? If so, any tips?
 11/26/2014 01:12 AM

IamSAW

Joined Forum: 05/02/2006

Only in my dreams, but did find this great web site with great live cams I've been checking all summer: Portugal live cams link Obviously, it gets pretty good based on the mags/web and I think there are a few good threads on trips to Portugal in this forum. But funny thing is usually when I check the cams it looks ALOT like FL at CB pier (but with rocks and full suits); 2-3, mushy, onshore, sometimes with about 30 kids in the water learning..... maybe there's a pier cam loop spliced into the video to keep their secrets safe lol. Still I would go too if I had the opportunity.
 11/26/2014 06:38 AM

artz

Joined Forum: 10/30/2014

I have a Freind that went over to Europe to shapes some boards and show the local shapers some of his tricks witha Planer.He spent time in In England, France and then down to Portugal. He spent the last half of Sept and early Oct in Portugal.  He came back with some great Photos and of the surf there. In fact he had so much fun he is going back.  Lots of point breaks and hidden little coves that are protected from winds.  The Surfers there are friendly and you will meet surfers from all over Europe. It's on my bucket list.  

11/26/2014 06:22 PM

TunnelVision

Joined Forum: 10/02/2003

Yeah - I think you cant trust the cams (might not be at the best spots). think its supposed to be quite consistent that time of year. I think weekday crowds will probably be manageable as well. now - just have to learn portugese.
 11/27/2014 11:18 AM

Fletchmon

Joined Forum: 01/27/2007

Bom dia! Summer of 2013 we had an overnight Lisbon layover coming back from Paris. We ran into two Swedish guys in their 20s who were vacationing in Lisbon and surfing a break accessible by train. It was the first week of July and hot. It was 100+ for a couple days. The Swedes said they caught it waist to chest the few days they'd been out. I have to imagine it's frequently ridable the entire coast, but, hey, you're in Portugal and there is plenty to eat, drink, and see! Pastis del nada, Sagres, Super Bock, seafood, sausage, olives..... We flew through Lisbon this summer and caught a fun day in Barcelona... [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/surferfletch/media/DC7408B9-EDB7-4A3A-96BF-B6AE971E12B5.jpg.html][/URL]

Edited: 11/27/2014 at 11:28 AM by Fletchmon
 11/28/2014 09:50 AM

Sharktower

Joined Forum: 03/19/2004

i used to surf portugal a lot.  love it.  PM me your approximate dates and a little idea of what you're looking for and i'd be happy to help.  i can post here too if others also want that info.  

-------------------------

we are they, they are us -- Thich Nhat Hanh

Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .