Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Passport problems
Topic Summary: Arrrrg! :(
Created On: 07/01/2015 07:10 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/01/2015 07:10 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

long_flaco1

Joined Forum: 09/25/2003

Hello fellow 2ndlighters,

I'm posting this to look for advice from all of my well traveled surf bredrin.

I'm scheduled to travel to Barbados on July the 18th, and I submitted my passport application exactly 2.5 months ago (even paid extra for expediting). About a week ago I received a letter stating that they denied my application and need at minimum a total of 5 addition document at least 5 years old or older, with my picture and signature to prove that I am who I say I am and I'm NOT a terrorist (I'm guessing).

So I sent them EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF ADDITIONAL PERSONAL DOCUMENTATION THAT I OWN.. I'm now 19 days away from my travel date, and all that the people at the passport information center can tell me is "we have now received your additional documentation and it is "being processed" and to call back later to see if there is any changes posted.

I am a veteran of the UNITED STATES ARMY RESERVE. I served my country and would've went to war \ die for it in a war without question if they pulled my number \ name to do so, and now it seems like I can not leave the county to give my fiancé' her dream wedding in Barbados!?!?! WTF?!?!?!?!

I'm super mega stressing over this. And also mega stressing about MISSING THOSE TASTEEEEE BABRBADOS WAVES (just to keep it surf related lol)..

I've read a lot of you guys posts over last few years on having to go to some place in Miami to forcibly make things happen. When I brought up "the place in Miami" to the peeps at the passport update phone hotline, they were like "you can't even talk to them until you are 14 days away from your travel date". On this coming Saturday July 4th it will be 14 days away, and I WILL drive to Miami if I have to, but the messed up part is that they HAVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY DOCUMENTS PROVING MY INFORMATION EVEN DOWN TO MY SOCIAL SECURITY CARD.. All I have left is my Drivers license and copy's of MOST of the documents I've sent them, not even all.

Have any of you been in this type of messed up scenario right before traveling and being in danger of loosing THOUSANDS of dollars already paid for this trip \ marriage package?

Do we have anyone on the forum whom actually works for these cats that can give me an inside scoop?

Thanks in advanced for your replies, and hope we get some good swells around here sometime in the near future.

Sincerely,
Elvin Z.

-------------------------
SK8 AND DESTROY
 07/01/2015 07:36 AM

goynleft

Joined Forum: 01/12/2010

You should look at heading to the passport office in Miami, bring all your documents and patience.  research it but im pretty sure you will leave with one in your hands or within 24hrs. I know quite a few people that have done this. best of luck snag a Left for me.

07/01/2015 07:43 AM

nsbkook

Joined Forum: 12/07/2011

I got my passport at the office in Miami. Plan on it taking all day...most of it waiting. Bring a book because you're not allowed using a cell phone in the facility. Imagine being at the DMV all day, but worse.
 07/01/2015 08:07 AM

hairyDUDE

Joined Forum: 09/10/2003

Definitely go to the passport office in Miami. Pray you don't get the line for the dark-skinned, obese, unhappy woman agent. She will do everything possible to make your life hell.

Uga Uga!!!
 07/01/2015 08:09 AM

hairyDUDE

Joined Forum: 09/10/2003

NO PASSPORT FOR YOU!!!

Uga Uga!!!
 07/01/2015 08:30 AM

shapewright

Joined Forum: 07/18/2010

I am about to attempt a new passport also, mine expired in 2009, right when Bush attached a rider to a terrrorism bill that banned anyone with 2,500.00 or more of unpaid child support. Mine was nearly 40,000.00, why so much?, my ex commited fraud on how much I was paying, under stating the amt. and applying for as many gov. programs as she could, she did NOT have the abilty to repay the money, so tag I was it.

The bummer is, I traveled to Baja often to build the interiors of expat's homes and used the additional money to pay down the debt, thanks Bush, you forking moron

07/01/2015 08:43 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

From my friend's past experience, , , , pack up every fooking scrap of paper you can imagine that might help and go to the Miami office as recommended. ASAP

Now, who knows, you might get your passport in the mail this week. Maybe, probably not, , , ,. If there are any continuing problems with your application and if you do not show up in person, , , , you might as try resolving it with 20 word Tweets.

Dora Hates You
 07/01/2015 08:49 AM

CrowdofOne

Joined Forum: 02/19/2012

There are private services that can provide assistance. I don't have personal experience, but have heard successful stories. See link below:

http://www.rushmypassport.com/

Physical Address listed here - 

RushMyPassport.com

319 N Clematis St #1004

07/01/2015 09:16 AM

purefunk

Joined Forum: 09/11/2003

What additional docs did you have to send?  I ask because if they still have these docs and it is being administered by an out of state office, you wont be able to get your passport in Miami without the docs or you will need duplicates. 

I would plan on traveling to Miami. 

You can also try your local Florida Congressmans office.  They man be able to help you.

If you want to hit a home run, you have to swing the bat.

07/01/2015 09:19 AM

surferKev07

Joined Forum: 06/08/2007

I've done same day passport at Miami as well. Go early and be patient.
 07/01/2015 09:47 AM

long_flaco1

Thanks a million to all the responders on this thread! This actually puts a bit of "light at the end of the tunnel" for the Miami mission for me..

for the 2nd round of doc's I sent them:

1. my DD-214 Documentation stating that I was honorably discharged from the Army (what more proof other than that can they possibly want?? lol)
2. my actual social security card and the letter part that it gets torn off from
3. my actual birth certificate that has my baby foot prints on it (which when I went to get my passport originally I found out that this is NOT an actual bc, but rather a memento of some sort. (EVEN THOUGH I WAS ABLE TO JOIN THE ARMED FORCES WITH THIS DOUCMENT AND IT IS THE DOCUMENT I'VE USED MY WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE AS MY BC.. WTF?!? LOL)
4. A news paper clipping from when I was in the Orlando sentinel at 8 years old in 1983, with the name of the news paper and date printed on a different article on the back
5. An old I.D. from 2002
6. my army boot camp year book with my pic in it
7. an old school NY school bus boarding pass \ id. with my pc and signature..

freaking crazy stuff guys.. again many thanks for all the repliers.. can anybody else suggest anything else? lol

SK8 AND DESTROY
 07/01/2015 09:53 AM

long_flaco1

So I had to get a new copy of my bc purchased and shipped to me directly from the state of Maryland the same week that I submitted the application. I "think" this is why I got flagged as questionable, but still don't understand why.. FML man..

SK8 AND DESTROY
 07/01/2015 10:03 AM

pantykila

Joined Forum: 12/10/2006

Go to miami in Down town is main office they will help you....

Warm Waves, Cold Beer, Goodtimes....
www.saltysurfculture.com
 07/01/2015 10:14 AM

RocketSurf

Joined Forum: 03/20/2014

Go to Miami but make an appointment first.......

">http://travel.state.gov/conten.../miami.html

for some reason I CANNOT get my links to ever work......WW?

Appointments Available From:
8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday Excluding Federal Holidays

Call 24/7 for an Appointment 1-877-487-2778

Appointments are required at all passport agencies. There is no charge to make an appointment at a passport agency and customers should not pay anyone or any business making such a charge.
You must pay the $60 expedite fee in addition to application fees to apply at this agency.
Proof of travel is required when applying at this agency. You must provide a hard copy of your itinerary or other proof of travel.
Will call service is offered for life or death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (leaving within 8 business days). The agency will advise you when the passport will be ready for pickup at will call based on your documented travel plans.
For all other customers, passports will be issued within 8 business days of applying at the agency. During your appointment, the agency will advise how the passport will be sent to you.
 07/01/2015 11:02 AM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

The list of contacts is at the bottom of this page.

07/01/2015 11:05 AM

long_flaco1

This is where I'm trying to get at! This exact moment in time and space! (except for me it should be a left cause I'm a goofyfooter I LOVE FRONTSIDE foe life yo)

SK8 AND DESTROY

Edited: 07/01/2015 at 12:49 PM by 2nd Light Forums Moderator

15 - 1K4MWXZFT.jpg
15 - 1K4MWXZFT.jpg  (53 KB)
 07/01/2015 11:10 AM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

You're eligible to use the Miami facility if you're traveling in 2 weeks or less.  You have a bit more than that, so check the local passport agencies in Brevard or wherever.  There's an easy lookup.   

Unfortunately, summer is busy season for passports.  Get busy.

07/01/2015 11:32 AM

ummm

Joined Forum: 03/24/2014

Two weeks ago three days before we were going to the DR my wife realized her passport expired. She drove down to Miami but there was a line of over 100 people well before it opened. We had to claim a medical emergency and get a special emergency appointment set. That, plus airline tickets dated two days later, got her an appointment. They don't do same day anymore so she had to spend another night there. 

So...call the state department passport line and make a regular in person appointment (unless you can come up with a medical emergency) which will probably be two weeks out, and have your flight info and everything else ready. They should be able to get it to you in person the following day. 

07/01/2015 12:04 PM

long_flaco1

Dudes,

2ndlight.com forum for the win! (I hope)!!

Thank you all for all of this information. I'm calling them today to make an appointment for next Wednesday "just in case" nothing gets moving this week! many, many thanks 2ndlight familia! yyyeewwww!

SK8 AND DESTROY
 07/01/2015 06:12 PM

MamasStoked

Joined Forum: 06/30/2015

I did the Miami thing and after all the info was given for them to print we left and went to a Museum for the day, then went back at 3pm to pick the passport up. It was simple! Hope you are able to get it just as easy!

Goodluck! 

FORUMS : Surfing : Passport problems

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .