Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: JACO OR TAMARINDO for Spring and summer.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/24/2017 02:13 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/24/2017 02:13 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

surfthetundra

Joined Forum: 12/06/2015

Trying to decide whethere Jaco, or tamarindo, which would be better for awesome surf, around april , may , june time. obviously dont want to book the trip and then arrive to a lake. 

jaco ive heard can be a little more raw of a run down surf town. also heard theres break ins in cars alot. not trying to get robbed. just wanna have a good time and surf every day.

which would you choose tam or jaco?

Any info?

02/24/2017 04:33 PM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

tamarindo, jaco is a dive

-------------------------
"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 02/24/2017 07:00 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Jaco has also been a closeout every time I've surfed there, and you'll probably get a ton of rain there in May/June. It's not a far drive from there to better spots, but as long as roads to various breaks from Tam don't turn into mudbogs, you'll probably have a more Pura Vida experience up that way.
 02/24/2017 07:16 PM

Mr. Long

Joined Forum: 12/17/2006

Just got back from Tamarindo last week. Took my wife to the Witch's Rock Surf Camp for our anniversary. Enrolled her in surf school and I was off on daily advanced tours to Playa Grande, Avellanas, Marbella, Witch's Rock, and Ollie's Point. Not to mention the rivermouth out front. The town has grown since I was there in '07, but it's actually cleaner and more organized. There's a reason why they call it Tamagringo...lots of Europeans and Americans. The nice thing about Tam is that there are so many breaks within driving or boating distance. It was my wife's first time, and she's hooked. Wants to go back next year.

Little Penquin: A winner is someone who doesn't knock me off my surfboard; Tank's definitely not a winner.

Little Penquin: He's a dirty trash can full of poop.

--Surf's Up
 02/24/2017 07:42 PM

TheFirstPeakProject

Joined Forum: 01/12/2016

Stop by and surf the wedge at Caldera! High and tight!!!

The First Peak Project is a 501(c)(3) public benefit organization whose mission is to restore the legendary wave First Peak at Sebastian Inlet to its former glory. 

www.firstpeak.org

02/27/2017 12:47 AM

GREG

Joined Forum: 08/20/2003

Both have their perks and the April to June months produce South and Southwest swells that reach both beaches. Tamarindo is generally 2-3 feet smaller, but there are beaches around that pick up swell better (Avellanas, Negra, Marbella, Grande) so you have to drive. Jaco will get swell but is generally and midtide coming to high tide break. Otherwise it closes out, and also closes out when it gets too big. There are other quality breaks within a 30 minute drive of Jaco, too.

Jaco is a lot closer to San Jose airport (one hour 15 min) and Tamarindo is a lot closer to Liberia airport (50 minutes), so think about where you are flying in to, especially if you don't have a lot of time.

http://www.crsurf.com ~ CR Surf Travel Company

http://www.vacationsbygreg.com
Instagram - @crsurf
 02/27/2017 11:16 AM

Long Beard

Joined Forum: 05/13/2007

Mexico.

R I P Mama G.

@Salt.And.Savagery.Fishing

@Laserwolf.Laserwolf
 02/27/2017 12:21 PM

psydlady

Joined Forum: 07/01/2015

Originally posted by: Mr. Long Just got back from Tamarindo last week. Took my wife to the Witch's Rock Surf Camp for our anniversary. Enrolled her in surf school and I was off on daily advanced tours to Playa Grande, Avellanas, Marbella, Witch's Rock, and Ollie's Point. Not to mention the rivermouth out front. The town has grown since I was there in '07, but it's actually cleaner and more organized. There's a reason why they call it Tamagringo...lots of Europeans and Americans. The nice thing about Tam is that there are so many breaks within driving or boating distance. It was my wife's first time, and she's hooked. Wants to go back next year.

^^^AWESOME GIFT ALERT!  AWESOME GIFT ALERT!^^^

"The best surfer out there is the one having the most fun."
~Phil Edwards
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .