Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The best surfers I ever saw
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/01/2023 05:06 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 The best surfers I ever saw   - jdbman - 11/01/2023 05:06 AM  
 The best surfers I ever saw   - garcia - 11/01/2023 06:25 AM  
 The best surfers I ever saw   - jdbman - 11/01/2023 07:29 AM  
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/01/2023 06:25 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

Quite a list. Surf stars never really registered with me, but I witnessed a couple of really good guys that weren't -
- Our busboy from the previous night doing whirly birds to the nose at double overhead+ Hanalei Bay in March 1983. I still rode a short board, but had gone back to a longboard in 1975 for smaller Florida surf. After watching this guy styling in truly big surf, I switched over to a longboard exclusively. Still can't do a whirly bird, though.
- Randy Wesson on outside Mark Realty in the mid 70s. Can't remember exactly when it was, but Randy was super stylish and could fit in any size tube. Super nice guy with no ego, too.
- Greg Loehr (okay, I remember one star) at Lum's in spring 1973. Unbelievable offshore day and he made the centerfold of Surfer. It was so epic (has another East Coast surfer made the centerfold?), I framed the photo and still have it on my garage wall.
- A kid (don't know his name) who worked for Joe Twombly. Joe brought him down for the Halloween 91 swell and the kid tore our break up.

I'm sure there are more, but those come to mind.
Statistics
146518 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .