Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Republicans push through SCOTUS justice
Topic Summary: then go home
Created On: 10/29/2020 05:08 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/30/2020 03:55 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

gdudewe

Joined Forum: 11/09/2011

Originally posted by: Sniper

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

I support Biden packing the court. For the same reasons the GOP did. Because they can.

You know the difference. There is a huge difference between nominating a justice in the 4th year of a President's term when a seat is vacant, which a President is actually obligated to do and Biden not liking his odds with 9 justices on the court so he decides that he is going to completely realign the supreme court by adding 4 justices of his choosing. Trump is playing by the rules. The Democrats are mad so they are going to change the rules so that they can hit the ball from the ladies' tees.

I don't think it is really rule is it? The court has been bigger it has been smaller through out time. I am not sure I am for it but I get the cry for it. McConnell pulled some shit. By the way, I don't think tRumptards should be saying anything about rules or rituals.

-------------------------
I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I noticed it always coincides with their own desires

Susan B. Anthony

Impeach Trump
 10/30/2020 04:42 AM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: gdudewe

I don't think it is really rule is it? The court has been bigger it has been smaller through out time. I am not sure I am for it but I get the cry for it. McConnell pulled some shit. By the way, I don't think tRumptards should be saying anything about rules or rituals.

Agreed.
And the GOP has lost the moral high ground.
For the GOP to feign moral indignation over nearly anything at this point is laughable.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 10/30/2020 07:10 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Soooo, which rules has Trump broken?

Did he single-handedly change our immigration system via executive order? Did he weaponize the IRS against his political enemies? Did he weaponize our intelligence agencies against his political enemies? Did he make himself judge, jury, and executioner by carrying out drone strikes on U.S. citizens? Nooooo, that was the Obama administration. But Trump is the authoritarian and Trump is the fascist. Ya'll might want to spend some time on Dictionary.com.

If Trump wins, he has to add four conservative justices to the bench. Why would he wait until the next Democrat gets elected and does what they have already told us they want to do.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 10/30/2020 07:29 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Did he single-handedly change our immigration system via executive order? Did he weaponize the IRS against his political enemies? Did he weaponize our intelligence agencies against his political enemies? Did he make himself judge, jury, and executioner by carrying out drone strikes on U.S. citizens? Nooooo, that was the Obama administration. But Trump is the authoritarian and Trump is the fascist. Ya'll might want to spend some time on Dictionary.com.

If Trump wins, he has to add four conservative justices to the bench. Why would he wait until the next Democrat gets elected and does what they have already told us they want to do.

If it has to be explained to you at this point, you're never going to get it. And actually you don't want to get it since you are a TDS fanboy

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 10/30/2020 08:00 AM

Sniper

Originally posted by: wtf

If it has to be explained to you at this point, you're never going to get it. And actually you don't want to get it since you are a TDS fanboy

If you can't explain it, then maybe you are the one who doesn't understand it all that well.

It is so weird how Obama and Biden were far more authoritarian than Trump. They killed U.S. citizens with drone strikes for God's sake and you guys want to act like Trump is Stalin for doing something that he well within his right to do.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

10/30/2020 08:04 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

You really don't understand the lesson of Merrick Garland. The democrats just got educated in power politics by the party that's about lose power, so don't pretend the rules matter now.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/30/2020 08:13 AM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

At the end of the day, the GOP has lost all it's moral credibility, and all it's fiscal credibility.

What's left besides Q?

Zzzzzzz.. Zzzzzzz.. Braaaaaapp!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
 10/30/2020 08:30 AM

Sniper

You really don't understand the lesson of Merrick Garland. The democrats just got educated in power politics by the party that's about lose power, so don't pretend the rules matter now.

The lesson of Merrick Garland is that you have to have the votes in the Senate in order to approve a new supreme court justice. If you don't have the votes then you can nominate away and nothing is going to happen.

10/30/2020 08:46 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Originally posted by: wtf

If you can't explain it, then maybe you are the one who doesn't understand it all that well.

It is so weird how Obama and Biden were far more authoritarian than Trump. They killed U.S. citizens with drone strikes for God's sake and you guys want to act like Trump is Stalin for doing something that he well within his right to do.

I can explain quite easily. I am just not going to waste my time.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 10/30/2020 08:52 AM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Trump has never had popular support and neither have his far-right, intentionally politicized nominations.

The rules allow expansion of the court, just as much as they allow foolish appointments.
 10/30/2020 09:02 AM

johnnyboy

So Merrick Garland got a vote and lost? There are apparently more lessons in this for qniper than most but still, here we are.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/30/2020 12:54 PM

Sniper

So Merrick Garland got a vote and lost? There are apparently more lessons in this for qniper than most but still, here we are.

The Republican led Senate had no obligation to vote on Garland, much less confirm him. Had the tables been turned and it was a Republican President trying to confirm a justice with a Democrat-led Senate, the result would have been the same.

10/30/2020 01:53 PM

johnnyboy

You are called out. The vote you claim he was entitled to lose because the senate did not have the numbers never happened. It was stalled for 9 months while Moscow Mitch created the new rule, the people decide with their vote for president, which they now have no use for. If the people decide with their vote for president then, why not now? Power. And lies, just like yours.

10/31/2020 05:49 AM

Sniper

Called out for what? Lol You did not have control of the Senate. That's why Garland isn't on the bench. Had this happened when Democrats had control of the Senate then it would be a different story. It seems like you are making this more complicated than it needs to be. Had the tables been turned, are you going to tell me that you would have supported Democrats bringing a Republican nominee to a vote? Of course not.

10/31/2020 06:51 AM

johnnyboy

Not having control of the Senate means he should have lost a vote. The new rule they created was to prevent him from being voted on as a referendum on the presidency. That was the new rule they created. Then they violated their new rule with the latest appointee. Quit pretending the GOP used rules when the fact is they exercised naked power when the rules they created would have prevented them doing what their naked use of power allowed. You want it both ways. It's about power, not rules and it's either ignorance or conscious avoidance that keeps you from even acknowledging it. That's why you're called out.

10/31/2020 06:55 AM

Sniper

What "new rule" or law are you referring to? Please provide link.

The Senate had no obligation to bring Garland for a vote. They sure as shit had no obligation to confirm him.

Edited: 10/31/2020 at 06:57 AM by Sniper
 10/31/2020 08:03 AM

Cole

What "new rule" or law are you referring to? Please provide link.

The Senate had no obligation to bring Garland for a vote. They sure as shit had no obligation to confirm him.

95% of Republicans are on record saying they would do the same in a Republican administration, they didn't and that means they lied.

Sure Democrats aren't going to stack the courts. In other news, 15 justices will do just fine.

As you said, Trump plans on doing it, so why wouldn't Biden?

I was right.

Edited: 10/31/2020 at 08:06 AM by Cole
 11/01/2020 07:32 AM

johnnyboy

Don't act stupid Qniper. It's becoming too convincing.

Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .