Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: This should take care of any nursing shortage that we have.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/27/2021 02:02 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/28/2021 07:48 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Among people who were previously infected with SAR-CoV-2, unvaccinated individuals are more than 2x as likely to be reinfected than those who were fully vaccinated after initially contracting the virus.

That's why I got the vax, even though I was exposed.
 09/28/2021 08:09 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Lunch, I like your defense of the "lowly" orderly; he's a fellow worker and should be treated with respect. My point is that the media would have one believe that nurses are refusing to be vaccinated and that's not the case. It's a small minority.

Further, I agree that a Federal blanket mandate is an over reach. However that's not what we're talking about, this is a workplace safety mandate. If I worked in an enclosed space, I expect others there to be vaccinated.

-------------------------
“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 09/28/2021 08:10 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

92% of the doctors in the US are vaccinated.

I was right.
 09/28/2021 08:11 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

Yes even the lowly orderly according to you, is vital in the entire establishment running efficiently.

I didn't mean to sound like I was dissing orderlies, etc. They are a vital part of a hospitals efficiency, just not so much its effectiveness. That was my point that was not very well stated.

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 09/28/2021 08:12 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Cole any chance you're going to provide me a link (to the decades long trials)?

Edited: 09/28/2021 at 08:13 AM by worksuxgetsponsered
 09/28/2021 08:15 AM

Cole

Actually, I misheard.

http://www.ama-assn.org/press-...nated-against-covid-19

I was right.
 09/28/2021 08:17 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover Among people who were previously infected with SAR-CoV-2, unvaccinated individuals are more than 2x as likely to be reinfected than those who were fully vaccinated after initially contracting the virus. That's why I got the vax, even though I was exposed.
You have been duped again. There is absolutely no way to know that unless everyone is tested once a week or so, which isn't happening.

I :heart; Q
 09/28/2021 08:18 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

I'll wait.....

09/28/2021 08:19 AM

Cole

http://historyofvaccines.blog/...-of-the-mrna-vaccines/

I was right.
 09/28/2021 08:19 AM

Lunchmeat

Joined Forum: 08/02/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Lunch, I like your defense of the "lowly" orderly; he's a fellow worker and should be treated with respect. My point is that the media would have one believe that nurses are refusing to be vaccinated and that's not the case. It's a small minority.

Further, I agree that a Federal blanket mandate is an over reach. However that's not what we're talking about, this is a workplace safety mandate. If I worked in an enclosed space, I expect others there to be vaccinated.

I get what your saying and it's all in the interest of safety. It's just now that it's coming to the point where people are going to be fired if they're not vaccinated in months ago everybody said that wouldn't happen. It's like baby steps, if this is allowed then what's next? Fines and then imprisonment?

If it’s legal will do it, if it’s not legal, we’ll figure out how to change the law-Joe Biden

Edited: 09/28/2021 at 08:31 AM by Lunchmeat
 09/28/2021 08:21 AM

3rdworldlover

Originally posted by: Cole

92% of the doctors in the US are vaccinated.

If the general public was vaccinated at the same rate, the virus would be eliminated, we wouldn't have to worry about the future variants our kids will have to endure, and I wouldn't have canceled Tame Impala tickets.
 09/28/2021 08:25 AM

3rdworldlover

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover

Among people who were previously infected with SAR-CoV-2, unvaccinated individuals are more than 2x as likely to be reinfected than those who were fully vaccinated after initially contracting the virus.

That's why I got the vax, even though I was exposed.

You have been duped again. There is absolutely no way to know that unless everyone is tested once a week or so, which isn't happening.

I'll go with the peer reviewed scientific research conducted by a panel of highly qualified immunologists and medical professionals that were vetted for conflicts of interest.
 09/28/2021 08:28 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

That is a link to a blog where they discuss the various types of vaccines with NO discussion on long term trials nor data. Just somebody's blog. In fact here's a little excerpt:

The extra boost from the urgency of the pandemic and the government funding they received allowed them to conduct large-scale clinical trials at almost the same time that they were tweaking their formulations.

At the same time they're tweaking formulations.

That's some great long term study.

09/28/2021 08:32 AM

Cole

Both videos are eight hours of information. Sorry the data won't fit in a facebook meme or Patriot Post page.

The technology for the vaccine has been in the works since the early 90's. All the info is out there if you care to look, but then again, this is way more about politics than the safety and efficacy of a vaccine.

I was right.
 09/28/2021 08:33 AM

Lunchmeat

Joined Forum: 08/02/2003

Another thing I'm curious about is the fact That National Guard and reserves do not have to be vaccinated in till June 30 of 2022, so how messed up would that be if they fire these people and replace them with unvaccinated national guardsmen?

" The 485,900 soldiers on active duty must be vaccinated by Dec. 15. But the 336,500 National Guard and 189,800 Reserve troops have until June 30, 2022, to be fully inoculated."

If it’s legal will do it, if it’s not legal, we’ll figure out how to change the law-Joe Biden
 09/28/2021 08:38 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

OBX

Joined Forum: 11/06/2012

Originally posted by: RustyTruck ..... If I worked in an enclosed space, I expect others there to be vaccinated.
Why would you care if you're vaccinated?

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

09/28/2021 08:47 AM

3rdworldlover

Because like all vaccines, they're not 100% effective and the risk of transmission approaches zero when the vaccination participation rate approaches 90%
 09/28/2021 09:00 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

OBX

Joined Forum: 11/06/2012

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover Because like all vaccines, they're not 100% effective and the risk of transmission approaches zero when the vaccination participation rate approaches 90%
Problem with this statement is you're assuming that COVID is only transmissible between humans. Thats one of the big "lies" being fed to you, comparing COVID and/or it's vaccine to things like Polio. It isn't.....at all. So what we're left with saying.....if I understand the logic....is the vaccinated know that the vaccine isn't 100% effective, but still seem to "want" others to take the jab so much as to wish for their unemployment/separation from society. Did you all wear white hoods in your previous life or something? Is "un-vaxxed" the new "black" for you bigots?

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

09/28/2021 09:06 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Sorry the data won't fit in a facebook meme or Patriot Post page.

That quip may be appropriate to some on here, but not me and I think you know better.

he technology for the vaccine has been in the works since the early 90's. All the info is out there if you care to look,

I have, but wonder if you did. You claimed there are decades long trials studying the long term effects, there are not. In fact the link you posted backed me up.

but then again, this is way more about politics than the safety and efficacy of a vaccine.

This we can agree on, but the difference is this: My hesitancy is based on science and the lack of long term studies altering RNA. I trust my immune system having been exposed in close contact now three different times. When Trump was touting they would have the vaccine by end of year, you and MANY others (that are now rabid vaccine pushers) scoffed at the idea proclaiming 'I'd never put that stuff in my body'. Hypothetical question for you here, if Trump won the election and were trying to force the injection with mandates and threatening livelihoods, Would you still be as adamant about forcing it on people? I tend to think the shoes would be on the opposite foot for a lot of people.

My opinion would still be the same.

09/28/2021 09:17 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: Lunchmeat

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

I get what your saying and it's all in the interest of safety. It's just now that it's coming to the point where people are going to be fired if they're not vaccinated in months ago everybody said that wouldn't happen. It's like baby steps, if this is allowed then what's next? Fines and then imprisonment?

No, refusing to get vaccinated is not a crime. Not now, nor will it ever be. They aren't being "fired" as a punishment, they just can't be allowed into the workspace where they put others at risk.

It's a work requirement, for which they had ample time to comply, now they are no longer qualified.

The people who are trying to make into something more, like some sort of civil rights issue, are clearly doing it for political purposes.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti

Edited: 09/28/2021 at 09:18 AM by RustyTruck
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : This should take care of any nursing shortage that...

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .