Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Well, DeSantis conquered covid.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/29/2021 10:53 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/30/2021 05:52 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

OBX

Joined Forum: 11/06/2012

Originally posted by: Greensleeves Fuck off qotards. A little inconvenience in the form of science belief, mask wearing, vaccine truth, and leadership from deathsantis and there would be fewer dead Floridians. Damn Qotards are small minded bitches.
***read with Sylvester the Cat's voice***

-------------------------

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

09/30/2021 06:03 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

55,000 dead is now considered winning. lol

The bar is officially on the floor.

I was right.
 09/30/2021 06:13 AM

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Once more, I'd like to speak to that "98.5% survivability rate". That rate means 3 in 200 die from this preventable disease. It implies that some are OK with this which suggests little/no concern for the 3 or those who love them. That lack of empathy has a name. Sociopathy. Is that you? Really? Do the right thing. Get the jab. Mask. It's not rocket science.

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 09/30/2021 06:16 AM

johnnyboy

This is comical. This idea that it's only fatal for 1.5% of our population means you minimize it and accept those deaths? Our population is at 332,278,200. The 1.5% of that is 4,984,173. You're willing to sacrifice these lives for "freedom" for herd immunity and some reliance on percentages that look minimal on paper? When the whole thing is preventable?

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/30/2021 06:21 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

For some perspective, just over 400,000 Americans died in WWII. I guess that was just a big joke too.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 09/30/2021 06:27 AM

OBX

Originally posted by: johnnyboy This is comical. This idea that it's only fatal for 1.5% of our population means you minimize it and accept those deaths? Our population is at 332,278,200. The 1.5% of that is 4,984,173. You're willing to sacrifice these lives for "freedom" for herd immunity and some reliance on percentages that look minimal on paper? When the whole thing is preventable?
I can't help how you guys spin what I say around in your head, and somehow come to the conclusions that you do. Its called risk vs reward. And even that is subjective. Is it worth the risk of loosing our rights, allowing our government to act in a tyrannical manner, shut down the economy, impose all these draconian laws/"guidance" over something with that is both treatable, preventable, and has a 98.5% survival rate? (Even higher if you're under 65). I say no, you say yes. And....I would have every right to call you guys the sociopaths for wanting/welcoming such control over people, no? To surmise that I am only saying "no" because I am a "sociopath, lack concern/empathy/whatever is both a copout, and weak. It shows you are ruled with emotion and not logic.

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

09/30/2021 06:32 AM

johnnyboy

You would expose 5 million people to death rather than have the government make them get two free shots? And this is how you defend it, a risk reward calculus? What rights did you lose with the ten other shots you got? The government made you get a slew of shots for diseases you have never seen BECAUSE they made you get a slew of shots. This is just one more. Where was this loss of freedom before Covid?

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/30/2021 06:39 AM

OBX

Originally posted by: johnnyboy You would expose 5 million people to death rather than have the government make them get two free shots? And this is how you defend it, a risk reward calculus? What rights did you lose with the ten other shots you got? The government made you get a slew of shots for diseases you have never seen BECAUSE they made you get a slew of shots. This is just one more. Where was this loss of freedom before Covid?
Patriot Act, for me, was the beginning. Another examples of us loosing our rights (specifically the 4th amendment) over fear. If the shot was proven to work, had long term studies saying it was safe, and there was actual accountability if something did happen, then yes I would be on board with the shot. Thing is, if all I just said was in play....YOU WOULDN"T HAVE TO FORCE PEOPLE to take the shot. Sort of a side-note, why do you all discredit the ones who have developed natural immunities and still seem to want to force them to take a shot? You all also seem to gloss over the fact you can still catch and spread COVID, even with the shot, too.

09/30/2021 06:44 AM

Joined Forum: 07/27/2021

Originally posted by: OBX Patriot Act, for me, was the beginning. Another examples of us loosing our rights

uh, yeah. Let's take this guy seriously.

Hi. I'm Mike.
 09/30/2021 06:45 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy This is comical. This idea that it's only fatal for 1.5% of our population means you minimize it and accept those deaths? Our population is at 332,278,200. The 1.5% of that is 4,984,173. You're willing to sacrifice these lives for "freedom" for herd immunity and some reliance on percentages that look minimal on paper? When the whole thing is preventable?
No, JB. Freedom also includes the freedom to get vaccinated. So, if vaccinations are 100% effective in preventing death, the only people who will die are those who decide to go unvaccinated. In other words, those who chose freedom are not endangering anyone but themselves. No one is being sacrificed. Let me ask youi something. In the early days of AIDS, would you have supported the banning of gay sex? Would you have taken away the freedom of gays for the good of the masses? As there was and is no vaccination for AIDS, seems like that ban would have a stronger argument than the one you are making.

I :heart; Q
 09/30/2021 06:48 AM

johnnyboy

It turns out that forcing people to take shots is the only some people will ever get inoculated. It's a dilemma for our government and their role in our lives. But basically it's the same reason heroin is illegal but heroin users complain that alcohol is legal and kills more people. Think about that.

09/30/2021 06:58 AM

OBX

Originally posted by: johnnyboy It turns out that forcing people to take shots is the only some people will ever get inoculated. It's a dilemma for our government and their role in our lives. But basically it's the same reason heroin is illegal but heroin users complain that alcohol is legal and kills more people. Think about that.
And there it is...the truth.....it is a big dilemma to contend with. There is no black and white answer. It all boils down to personal choice. There are legit reasons people do not want to take the shot (by the way, you don't achieve inoculation from taking it. Remember, this is the 1st time ever mRNA has been approved for human consumption, this is not like vaccines of the past, and you are not immune to COVID if you get it....but I digress) So, you either respect the person for their decision or act like a bigot. Seems like bigotry is still alive and well within the left....judging by the media and this forum alone.

09/30/2021 07:01 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: OBX
Originally posted by: scombrid
Originally posted by: scombrid Yeah. It's harmless and OUC asking folks to conserve water because they are short on liquid oxygen is a hoax.
Hahahahahahahaha. I'm sure it's getting to the point where we now have to conserve water too.....lol
OUC purifies water with liquid oxygen. Some of their supply is being diverted to hospitals. You are saying that is a lie?
Lets clear some things up here. I have never said COVID is a hoax. COVID is real. Its also being used in a "never let a crisis go to waste" type manner, to exert fear and control. All that is reported in the media is fear, fear, fear....over a virus with a 98.5% survival rate. Lets take your example of OUC purifying their water with liquid O2. Why is there such a shortage now, with close to 60% of the population vaccinated? There wasn't this concern last year when no one was vaccinated? Either there is something else driving the shortage or there is more hospitalizations this time. Which, should logically lead one to ask....why are there more hospitalizations when more people are vaccinated? No matter how you look at.....things just don't add up.
I asked you if OUC was lying about it's oxygen problem based on your "lol" statement. So you then go back to claiming that "things don't add up" because you can't wrap your head around the surge of covid in the large still-unvaccinated populations around the country. It just can't be that people going to restaurants, theaters, concerts, work, unvaccinated and unmasked this summer when Delta showed up could lead to high hospitalization rates. "They" are lying when they tell you that the unvaccinated counties have the highest death rates and "they" (they being pretty much every hospital system) are lying when tell you that the vast majority of their ICU patients and deaths are unvaxxed. Phil Valentine told me so I know its true.

09/30/2021 07:06 AM

Tfap's arguement is flawed as always.

Do people have the freedom to drive blindfolded (or drunk) if they want to?

Why are you mandating your driving techniques on me? IT'S MY MONSTER TRUCK! Why can't I drive with a pillow case over my head?!?? This is 'sposed ta be MURIKA!

fookin hillbilly..

Hi. I'm Mike.
 09/30/2021 07:08 AM

johnnyboy

If you are valuing your skepticism and freedom above a deadly virus with a body count ten times that of the death toll in Vietnam, you are in the minority. Many of the most vocal defenders of the right to be free from life saving vaccinations have died slow painful deaths with pitiful pleas from their ventilators to get the vaccine. And your your skepticism about RNA vaccines is misplaced, unless you consider thirty years new. Also, the resulting drop in vaccinated patients contracting Covid. Some of the same people that get ultra critical of Covid vaccine were taking horse dewormer to fight Covid. Not because the science was out there but because that's the government science and they don't want you to know this hack. Morons. They are literally dying of their own ignorance.

09/30/2021 07:14 AM

tpapablo

Good to see DeSantis finally get his due from progs. No other governor has been as effective in squashing covid. He made a complete fool out of Dementia Joe, who obviously doesn't have a clue on how to tame covid. You almost have to feel sorry for the prog states. I have a feeling they are in for a world of hurt in the next few months.

I :heart; Q
 09/30/2021 07:16 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Risk reward. Death rate from vaccine/death rate from covid. The end. And yeah, vaccinating people with functioning immune systems protects immunocompromised people. There's that too. You aren't just impacting yourself if you are a willing vector for the disease because freedom.

09/30/2021 07:17 AM

Look at him go- really earnin the name Twrongz.

oh Pabsie.. can you ever win?

Hi. I'm Mike.
 09/30/2021 07:18 AM

OBX

Originally posted by: scombrid Yeah. It's harmless and OUC asking folks to conserve water because they are short on liquid oxygen is a hoax.
Hahahahahahahaha. I'm sure it's getting to the point where we now have to conserve water too.....lol
OUC purifies water with liquid oxygen. Some of their supply is being diverted to hospitals. You are saying that is a lie?
Lets clear some things up here. I have never said COVID is a hoax. COVID is real. Its also being used in a "never let a crisis go to waste" type manner, to exert fear and control. All that is reported in the media is fear, fear, fear....over a virus with a 98.5% survival rate. Lets take your example of OUC purifying their water with liquid O2. Why is there such a shortage now, with close to 60% of the population vaccinated? There wasn't this concern last year when no one was vaccinated? Either there is something else driving the shortage or there is more hospitalizations this time. Which, should logically lead one to ask....why are there more hospitalizations when more people are vaccinated? No matter how you look at.....things just don't add up.
I asked you if OUC was lying about it's oxygen problem based on your "lol" statement. So you then go back to claiming that "things don't add up" because you can't wrap your head around the surge of covid in the large still-unvaccinated populations around the country. It just can't be that people going to restaurants, theaters, concerts, work, unvaccinated and unmasked this summer when Delta showed up could lead to high hospitalization rates. "They" are lying when they tell you that the unvaccinated counties have the highest death rates and "they" (they being pretty much every hospital system) are lying when tell you that the vast majority of their ICU patients and deaths are unvaxxed. Phil Valentine told me so I know its true.
Who is Phil Valentine? Your prejudice is astounding and clouds your comprehension to what I am saying. Is there a shortage of Liquid Oxygen. Apparently so, Is it because of COVID, I'm not ready to jump on the bandwagon because there is too much skeptism/misinformation going around and I DO NOT TRUST THE MEDIA. And, Scom, almost 60% of FLorida is vaxxed, over half of them. So stop with this "large still-unvaccinated population BS"...its wrong. Staying within the context of Florida, I still stand by the question of, why are we seeing more hospitalization this time around? Objectively speaking...the only difference is a higher percentage of people are vaccinated. Florida has been open pretty much this whole time. Its a legit question, Scom. But not if arrogance gets in the way of an open mind. And pertaining to your "theys," their is too many variables to this virus AND THE VACCINE for "they" to come to such conclusions. I believe we're now simplifying it so much as to say that only Rs are the unvaxxed and the ones dying, right?

09/30/2021 07:24 AM

OBX

Originally posted by: johnnyboy If you are valuing your skepticism and freedom above a deadly virus with a body count ten times that of the death toll in Vietnam, you are in the minority. Many of the most vocal defenders of the right to be free from life saving vaccinations have died slow painful deaths with pitiful pleas from their ventilators to get the vaccine. And your your skepticism about RNA vaccines is misplaced, unless you consider thirty years new. Also, the resulting drop in vaccinated patients contracting Covid. Some of the same people that get ultra critical of Covid vaccine were taking horse dewormer to fight Covid. Not because the science was out there but because that's the government science and they don't want you to know this hack. Morons. They are literally dying of their own ignorance.
So let them reap the results of their own decision and stop trying to Karen them into yours. And there you go again with the "life saving vaccinations" rhetoric. I'll try another tactic....Can you still get COVID if you're vaccinated? (Yes) Can you still spread it? (Yes) Can you still die from COVID if your vaxxed (Yes). So, please explain to me the logic you're using to continually say things like "inoculation, life saving, etc" when discussing this vaccine? It is literally neither of those. Curious though, do you know some of the results from the studies over the past 30yrs of mRNA studies? Every stop and think...maybe its been studied so long because its extremely complicated and dangerous, and that maybe since this was rushed through, you should exercise caution? Or....just trust the media, government, and big pharma. Those are the two choices we are facing...

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Well, DeSantis conquered covid.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .