Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Personal liberty
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/01/2023 06:16 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/01/2023 06:16 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Used to be a thing, but the rise of right wing extremism threatens to tighten the cuffs on women, minorities, and working people.

"Under the law of nature, all men are born free; every one comes into the world with a right to his own person, which includes the liberty of moving and using it at his own will. This is what is called personal liberty, and is given him by the Author of nature, because necessary for his own sustenance."

Thomas Jefferson,
Legal Argument,
1770. FE 1:376

-------------------------
“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti

Edited: 02/01/2023 at 06:16 AM by RustyTruck
 02/01/2023 06:23 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Used to be a thing, but the rise of right wing extremism threatens to tighten the cuffs on women, minorities, and working people.

"Under the law of nature, all men are born free; every one comes into the world with a right to his own person, which includes the liberty of moving and using it at his own will. This is what is called personal liberty, and is given him by the Author of nature, because necessary for his own sustenance."

Thomas Jefferson,

Legal Argument,

You talking about how California is trying to build an economic Berlin Wall to keep people from leaving by making them pay California taxes even if they leave?

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 02/01/2023 06:52 AM

RustyTruck

I'm talking about a natural law envisioned by the "founders" (flawed as they were) that people have the right to move about on the earth as they please and maintain autonomy over their own bodies.

Not part of the right wing vision of "freedom", which to them means the freedom to steal, avoid accountability, and exploit others.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti

Edited: 02/01/2023 at 06:52 AM by RustyTruck
 02/01/2023 06:54 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

I'm talking about a natural law envisioned by the "founders" (flawed as they were) that people have the right to move about on the earth as they please and maintain autonomy over their own bodies.

Not part of the right wing vision of "freedom", which to them means the freedom to steal, avoid accountability, and exploit others.

I agree. What California is trying to do is messed up. Make your state better, so people aren't trying to flee your dumbass taxes.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 02/01/2023 06:58 AM

RustyTruck

People leave California because they want to collect California wages and live in Kissimmee.

I paid GA taxes when I worked there but lived in FL. Is that what you're on about?

02/01/2023 07:46 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

People leave California because they want to collect California wages and live in Kissimmee.

I paid GA taxes when I worked there but lived in FL. Is that what you're on about?

That sure stopped them in their track.

Kinda hard to argue with the facts, I guess.

I was right.
 02/01/2023 08:47 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

No right wing conservative ever told me that I had to get vaccinated or lose my job. Indeed, the stood up for everyone's right to say no. BTW, communist countries aren't known for granting a lot of freedoms. Every hear of the Berlin wall? You, as a communist, are not one to talk.

I :heart; Q
 02/01/2023 09:07 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: tpapablo

No right wing conservative ever told me that I had to get vaccinated or lose my job. Indeed, the stood up for everyone's right to say no. BTW, communist countries aren't known for granting a lot of freedoms. Every hear of the Berlin wall? You, as a communist, are not one to talk.

Right wing conservatives love to place restrictions on their workers, being anti-vax was just a useful political trope. Cost a lot of lives, but I guess those who fell for it deserve their fate.

Funny, one of the first international communists I ever met (East German) told me she was very worried about the re-unification with the west because East Germans would lose their rights. That caught me off guard, because I had received the same anticommunist indoctrination that you likely did. I probed a bit and discovered that for better or worst, East Germans had a right to work, housing, healthcare, and food.

But at the end of the day, my collectivist philosophy is grounded in anarchism.

No matter, trying to force right wing indoctrination on the college youth will have the reverse effect.

Edited: 02/01/2023 at 09:07 AM by RustyTruck
 02/01/2023 09:11 AM

tpapablo

Prog idea of liberty gets shot down. Progs are trying to take away our liberties, not right wingers. When, after all, is the last time ar right winger tried to ban your gun?

02/01/2023 09:11 AM

johnnyboy

Trump got vaccinated and just called out Desantis for leaving the state open during a pandemic that killed tens of thousands within the state. You might have the freedom to refuse scientifically based healthcare during a pandemic that killed over a million people, but your choice and freedom to make it was that of a guy living in world where you come into contact with others every day and could potentially expose and in some cases kill them. It was about their freedom to be proetected weighed against your freedom to be an ass.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

02/01/2023 09:20 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

It was about their freedom to be protected weighed against your freedom to be an ass.

Including wearing a simple mask on their face.

I was right.
 02/01/2023 09:52 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Prog idea of liberty gets shot down.

Progs are trying to take away our liberties, not right wingers. When, after all, is the last time ar right winger tried to ban your gun?

Didn't the right wing in FL pass a law that your doctor wasn't allowed to ask a patient about firearms in the home?

As pointed out, you guys LOVE big government control as long it's doing your bidding.

How about doctor's and patient's freedom to discuss termination of pregnancy? Is that still allowed according to the right wing notion of freedom?

You guys should brush up on your Orwell. The doublespeak is deafening.

02/01/2023 10:44 AM

tpapablo

Remember how back in the Soviet Union days, people from the west weren't trying to get into the East? It was the other way around. People wanted to be in the West for freedom. Same here. Are you claiming people are leaving shithole prog states in droves to come to well managed states so they'd have less freedom. (I do realize that y'all are dumb enough to make that claim, but I am making a point to the normal people on this forum.)

02/01/2023 10:59 AM

johnnyboy

Deep breaths buddy. Deep breaths.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

02/01/2023 12:04 PM

OBX

Joined Forum: 11/06/2012

HAHAHAHAHA A self proclaimed communist riding the high horse of "personal liberty"....you can't make this shit up.

Mind you, this is the same guy who supported forced vaccinations...regardless of your "personal liberty"

Rusty, you are one confused mofo. Libtardism has officially rotted your brain.

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

02/01/2023 12:11 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

I fought communism because it lied to it's people, it became about personality, greed, control, totalitarianism, not equality.
Same reason we must fight Trumpism.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 02/01/2023 12:14 PM

OBX

Joined Forum: 11/06/2012

Originally posted by: WG I fought communism because it lied to it's people, it became about personality, greed, control, totalitarianism, not equality. Same reason we must fight Trumpism.
How can you sit here and say you fought communism....yet support the very mechanisms that brought it to light?

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

02/01/2023 12:28 PM

3rdworldlover

Thomas Jefferson,

Legal Argument,

Well, the American Jesus of today has lowered the ethical standards quite a bit.

02/01/2023 12:33 PM

3rdworldlover

He builds walls, prisons, and impossible legal standards for immigrants to protect the entitlements of those fortunate enough to be chosen for birth in his blessed lands
 02/01/2023 12:49 PM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

So rusty supports government intervertion by having a Doctor ask if you have a firearm in your house--who really wants that info?

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Personal liberty

1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .